Build the intellectual, emotional and moral qualities necessary to become a successful business leader by taking part in the one-day Business Ethics and Principled Leadership Workshop.
The one-day workshop features real-life case studies and role playing under the guidance of current/former corporate executives, and explores the following questions:
- What are the traits of a leader?
- What is the difference between leadership and authority?
- How can ethical breaches that slide into illegal activity be spotted?
- How can a culture of principled leadership be fostered?
Business Ethics: Saturday, April 15 2023, 10:00am - 1:00pm in Smith Lab 154
- This workshop is designed specifically for students enrolled in the 1) Business Fundamentals Certificate and 2) Entrepreneurship Certificate.
Banking Ethics: Tuesday, April 11, 2023 from 6:00 - 8:00pm in Hogan Suite A
- This workshop is designed specifically for students enrolled in the Finance & Banking Certificate Program.
History of Instructors
- John Broderick '91: CFA, partner, Permit Capital
- Kendy Hess: associate professor of philosophy, Holy Cross
- Jack Maher '85 P18: managing director, head of alternatives, Hartford Investment
- Rob Murner: director and EIR, Ciocca Center & adjunct professor, Holy Cross
- Tom Patton '86: Healthcare Executive, Board Member, Private Equity Advisor
- Jim Puhala '91: Head of Field and Regulatory Compliance at MassMutual
An ethics-focused workshop is required for all Business Certificate Programs.
- Register for the Business Ethics workshop on 4/15/23. *This workshop registration for Business Fundamentals & Entrepreneurship Certificate students only.
- Register for the Banking Ethics workshop on 4/11/23. *This workshop registration is for Finance & Banking Certificate students only.