The Mentor Program is designed to support first-year ALANA (African-American, Latin American, Asian-American, Native American), international and Passport students in their transition from high school to Holy Cross.
A broad group of mentors can help define a truly exceptional academic experience for students. Administered by Academic Services and Learning Resources, groups of about four students are matched with a peer and faculty mentor for ongoing conversation, advice and friendship during their first year.
The goals of the Mentor Program are to:
- Create an atmosphere that minimizes anxiety, promotes positive attitudes and stimulates a vibrant learning environment.
- Provide a supportive relationship and sufficient feedback to enable you to make well-informed decisions.
- Assist you in adjusting to the academic environment by helping you to develop a strong identity as a scholar.
- Establish relationships with the institutions, faculty, staff, peers and the community.
- Provide information concerning academic policies, procedures and programs.