Located in Campion House, the Chaplains’ Office provides a place to relax in a warm and welcoming environment. You are invited to enjoy a cup of coffee or tea and a freshly baked cookie from our kitchen while studying in our living room. Students also enjoy coming to Campion House for home cooked Campion dinners and meeting with individual chaplains about a wide range of issues and concerns.
Sunday: Noon – 10 p.m.
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 10 p.m.
“Proclaiming Faith, Promoting Justice”
Inspired by our Jesuit identity and mindful of the realities of our age, the College Chaplains affirm the value of integrating faith and the intellectual life. In a spirit of hospitality and dialogue, we invite all members of the Holy Cross community to grow in faith through worship, contemplation, study, service, and solidarity.
Guiding Principles and Values
- Community recognizes the interconnectedness of each person and accepts that we are at one and the same time children of God and brothers and sisters of one another.
- Prayer, both corporate and private to which we bring our joys and challenges, shapes who we are and what we do.
- Dialogue is essential to “the search for meaning and value at the heart of the intellectual life,” and includes the “critical examination of fundamental religious and philosophical questions (that) is integral to liberal arts education.” This demands that chaplains listen to, revere, and include the experience of the culture and the tradition of the other person.
- Sabbath is a time to come apart and rest awhile from the busyness of life in order to reconnect with the creator and creation.
- Leadership is visionary and focused in a particular way on mentoring students, models shared responsibility, is Gospel-centered and is courageous enough to be prophetic.
- Solidarity is learned through contact with the injustices others suffer which then gives rise to intellectual inquiry and moral reflection.
- Stewardship of the earth in light of the environmental crisis of our day constitutes an exceptional call to conversion: as individuals and as a community we need a change of heart to protect God's creation for our children and generations yet unborn.