A multidisciplinary major in Catholic Studies requires:
- 14 courses (max.) from at least three disciplines within the competence of the College faculty.
- A proposal that includes a statement of intellectual rationale for the proposed field of study, an outline of courses already taken, and a plan of proposed courses. Proposals are written in consultation with the Catholic Studies advisor, the director of the Center for Interdisciplinary Studies and two faculty sponsors based in departments related to the proposed major.
- Letters of support from faculty sponsors.
A multidisciplinary minor in Catholic Studies requires:
- 6 courses from at least three disciplines within the competence of the College faculty.
- A proposal similar to that for the student-designed major though on a smaller scale. Students may design their own minor, or use a faculty-designed template as a basis for their course work and study.
Catholic Studies Courses Fall 2018
RELS 114 Introduction to Theology
RELS 139 Understanding Jesus
RELS 243 Theology of the New Testament
RELS 299 Creeds and Controversies
RELS 399 Thomas Aquinas
RELS 117 History of Christianity I
PHIL 362 Augustine
LATN 350 Early Christian Literature (readings in Latin)
HIST 111 Rise of the Christian West to AD 1000
SOCL 361 Leadership and Social Change
** Seminar Permission form available on the department website
VAHI 299 Race, Religion and Politics