In an effort to assist faculty and staff balance work/life priorities, Human Resources seeks solutions that best serve the members of our community. Through our partnerships with health and wellness providers, HR provides information to help with all kinds of life events.
The following resources are designed to help employees manage work and family responsibilities. Whether you need help dealing with workplace stress or need information when undergoing major life changes like retirement, marriage, or professional transitions, you can find viable options here.
Online Wellness Resources
View a list of online wellness resources (Google doc)
Fallon Health Member Benefits
Visit Fallon’s website for information about Fallon’s health and wellness programs and benefits, including:
- It Fits! health and wellness reimbursement
- Healthy Health Plan health assessment and receive $100 annually
- Healthwise® Knowledgebasenteractive website to help you meet your health and wellness goals
- nurse call linetelehealth benefit
- Health and wellness program for birth and baby through Oh Baby!
- Discounts on alternative and complementary health care
- Caregiver support with our Caregiver Connection blog
- and more!
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Visit KGA’s website for information about their extensive work/life programs, benefits, and resources including:
- Legal Resources
- Substance abuse
- Daycare locator
- and more!
On-Campus Nursing Rooms
The College has two dedicated nursing rooms for faculty and staff:
- Haberlin, Room 217.
- O’Kane, Room 20.
To view the locations, please refer to the campus map.
The room locations offer quiet, clean, and secure environments for women who need to express breast milk during their time on campus.
Each room features a comfortable chair, a small table, and a small refrigerator. To ensure privacy and to assist with scheduling, mothers are asked to check out a key in Human Resources. (The key will remain in her possession for the length of time that she is nursing. When the employee is no longer nursing, the key is to be returned to Human Resources.)
The nursing rooms are available during regular working hours and are available on a first come, first served basis.
Nursing Room Etiquette
- The room is to be locked at all times. Please knock before attempting entry. If the room is occupied, please try again later.
- Upon leaving the room, please ensure that the room is locked.
- To ensure the comfort of all mothers, please leave the room in appropriate condition for the next occupant.
Quit to Win
Fallon Health's highly successful quit-smoking program, Quit to Win, is an ongoing resource on campus. Meet with Jenn Coode, onsite Tobacco Treatment Specialist, for free, one on one support where you will develop a stop-smoking plan.
Getting support while you are trying to quit can double your chances of success.
- Your quit coach will help you develop a personalized quit plan and is free to all faculty and staff. You do not have to be a Fallon member to join.
- You'll get support from someone who understands what it's like to try to quit.
- You're not expected to quit on the first day, you work at your pace.
Contact Jenn Coode, Fallon Health Tobacco Treatment Specialist, at ext. 3885 or firstname.lastname@example.org. (If you are a non-exempt employee, please coordinate your time away from the department with your supervisor.)
Do you know how much you could save by quitting? Calculate your cost of smoking.
Quitters are winners!
The Dinner Daily
Make your dinners easier, healthier and more affordable with The Dinner Daily.
Weekly dinner plans customized to your food preferences and what’s on sale at your grocery store can save you 20 percent on grocery costs at Market Basket, Stop & Shop, Big Y, Price Chopper, Shaw’s, Aldi, and more. Stop overpaying with meal kits. The Dinner Daily is recommended by Rachel Ray Every Day magazine and Tufts Health plan.
Holy Cross community members get 30 percent off a Dinner Daily subscription, making it less than $1 a week and get two free weeks to try it out.
Sign up at thedinnerdaily.com/holycross. Use discount code HC30.
Heaven’s Harvest CSA - check back Spring 2021
Heavens Harvest Farm is dedicated to the Community Supported Agriculture model of providing food direct from farm to consumer. We will always grow our produce as certified organic, utilizing the best in sustainable practices. Holy Cross offers onsite share drop off throughout the year on Wednesdays from 10 am - 4:40 pm - location TBD. Contact Jenn Coode, Worksite Wellness Manager, with any questions. Below are some tips for picking up your weekly share.
- Bring your own bags to take your share and leave the reusable box behind.
- How to instructions on folding up your recyclable box.
- What can you do if you’re going to be away? You can allow someone else to pick up your share, double up the week before or after your time away, or donate your share to a family in need. If you plan to double up or donate your share, please contact the farm at least one week in advance.