Over 70% of Holy Cross students never smoke!
... and more than 80% of students do not smoke on a regular basis!
But Holy Cross also cares about the:
- 18% of students who do smoke,
- the students who smoke socially at parties,
- the other member in the Holy Cross community who smoke, and
- the members of the Holy Cross Community who are concerned for someone they care about.
Did you know...
- New research shows that some people will become addicted to nicotine within just days of starting to smoke. This includes smokers who described themselves as “monthly smokers.” (Behavioral Nueroscience)
- Lung cancer for women has surpassed breast cancer; 67,000 women die from lung cancer each year. (American Cancer Society)
- Smoking is the most preventable cause of premature death in this county. (American Cancer Society)