Monitoring the COVID-19 Situation
Holy Cross has moved to online classes and suspended all campus visits due to the outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). We will update this website if there is a change to Gateways orientation programs or other matters that impact members of the Class of 2024. Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to seeing you on campus soon.
Session 1: Thursday, June 11 - Friday, June 12, 2020
Session 2: Monday, June 15 - Tuesday, June 16, 2020
Session 3: Thursday, June 18- Friday, June 19, 2020
Welcome new students!
Gateways Summer Orientation is a two-day program designed to provide new students and their parents with the opportunity to become better acquainted with the many aspects of Holy Cross. The goal of the program is to help students make a successful transition into the College. Through information sessions, discussions with current students, faculty and administrators, and a wide array of social activities, students gain valuable knowledge about the College and are able to learn first hand about academic, spiritual, and social life while getting to know other members of their class.
There are three Gateways Summer Orientation sessions offered in June. You and your parent(s) will choose one of the two-day sessions. The Gateways Orientation Office will mail all enrolled students information and registration for Gateways in mid-May.
Why Attend Summer Gateways?
- Meet your classmates!
- Begin the process of developing your academic plan which includes meeting with faculty to discuss course selection.
- Learn about a variety of academic, co-curricular and spiritual opportunities.
- Talk with current Holy Cross students.
- Take care of business: open a bank account, have your I.D. picture taken and more!
- Meet Holy Cross faculty, administrators, and current students.
- Learn about a variety of academic, co-curricular and spiritual opportunities for your student.
- Attend sessions addressing:
- transitional and developmental issues facing students
- helping your son or daughter transition into college
- making your own transition