The National Society of Leadership and Success is the nation’s largest leadership honor society and collegiate leadership development program. NSLS differentiates itself from traditional honor societies in that students must complete a step-by-step leadership development program in order to become inducted. The curriculum offers students the opportunity to develop many in-demand skills such as leadership, communication, and team building. They will also have the opportunity to complete additional online educational modules in order to earn credit for their work with NSLS.
- Orientation: This is the first event for new members to learn the steps of the program and the schedule of events for the semester.
- Leadership Training Day: Members attend an interactive video training session where they identify goals and overcome obstacles.
- Three Speaker Broadcast Events: Live streamed events with leaders, celebrities and best-selling authors are scheduled six times per year.
- Three Success Networking Team Meetings: Members are assigned to small peer groups and meet bi-weekly to set goals and hold each other accountable.
- Induction: Members receive their Foundations of Leadership Certificate honoring their achievement and lifetime membership into NSLS.
The Holy Cross division of Student Affairs invested in this partnership with the National Society of Leadership and Success for the 2020-21 academic year with the hope that it would give students another opportunity to develop their leadership skills. This is the first year of the program at Holy Cross. Members of the sophomore and junior classes are nominated based on GPA, and invitations are sent at the beginning of the fall & spring semester.
NSLS has a one time, lifetime membership cost of $95. Limited financial assistance is available.