Visit this page often to learn about Worksite Wellness programs, events, and other great opportunities to become a healthier and happier you!
Offerings from Worksite Wellness
Worksite Wellness Exercise Program
Spring Exercise Programming - January 8 through May 18, 2018
Campus Walking Routes (docx)
Worksite Wellness class offerings for the Spring include cycling, cardio kick circuit, boot camp, core & more, Tabata, and yoga. Classes are convenient and affordable – many classes are free! Instructors are friendly and motivating. Be sure to bookmark the Worksite Wellness web site to stay updated on future programming.
General Class Registration:
- Go to Supersaas to view the calendar or register for a class.
- Create an account or login to an existing account. Select the class for which you wish to register. Click new reservation then enter your name and number followed by create reservation. You will receive an email confirmation. This registers you for this individual class, not for an entire session. Reservations can be made up to 10-days in advance. Please cancel your reservation asap should you not be able to attend the class.
- Mimimum of 4 participants are required to hold a class. Classes with low attendance may be cancelled mid-session.
Yoga and Boot Camp Registration:
- Fee-Based Group Exercise session begins the week of January 22 unless otherwise indicated . Registration for fee-based classes is now open.
- Please contact Jenn Coode at ext. 3885 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you like to join a class mid-session.
- The fee for the session will be prorated based on when you join.
- You may drop-in to selected classes for a fee of $10 per class. To register, follow the process hightlighted above for the general group exercise class schedule.
Each enrolled participants must submit a waiver (pdf) to HR (send to Melissa Cutroni, PO Box HR). Each class has a participant minimum and maximum. A wait-list will be created for sign ups that exceed the maximum number of participants. Payments to be made directly to the instructor via cash or check on the first day of class.
Fallon Health Benefits for Members
- Why not get care from the comfort of your own home? With Teladoc you can speak to a doctor on your terms 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. Visit Teladoc.com/fallon or download the mobile app to learn more and to request a consult. All for the price of your office visit co-pay.
- Get paid for being healthy! With Fallon, you get physical and financial benefits for being active. It Fits! reimburses individuals $200 per calendar year and families $400 per calendar year for getting active. Download the NEW It Fits! form, you have until March 31 to submit 2017 expenses.
- Reminder to log in to the New Healthy Health Plan - Here's how it works!*
Simply go to fallonhealth.org/
healthyhealthplan to login, complete the health assessment and you’re on your way. Oh—and you can collect $100 just for completing the assessment! See new login directions on the attached flyer and get questions answered on the FAQ's page.
*Note: The Healthy Health Plan is for Fallon Health Subscribers and Spouses only
What does the new program offer?
- The Healthy Health Plan now rewards subscribers and their spouses who are over age 18 just for completing the health assessment. There are no other requirements.
- Health Shelf – online comprehensive wellness library with self-assessments, informative wellness articles, how-to guides, self-checks, fun quizzes, healthy recipes and more!
- Interactive tools which guide you to resources relating to specific health issues.
- Health coaching – online and telephonic access to nurses and other healthcare professionals.
- Don't feel like you have time to plan and execute healthy meals for yourself and/or your family? Take the stress out of meal planning with The Dinner Daily program. Each week, The Dinner Daily provides ready to go dinner menus, shopping lists, even links to online coupons, all customized for your food preferences AND what's on special at major grocery stores near you. On average, members can save $1,200 a year or more by using this award winning system. Check it out. Use the discount code HC30 to save 30% off the subscription price.
March 2018 Events for Worksite Wellness
- March Madness 30-Day Nutrition Challenge - Make healthy food choices all month long with these nutrition tips. Register here. Return your completed challenge form (to follow upon registration) to Jenn by April 9 via email or PO Box HR to be entered into a drawing for prizes.
- Take the plunge with this month long Swim Challenge. Enjoy the benefits of this terrific low impact form of exercise. You determine the distance and days. Register here.
- Cruise-sader running club events - Celtic 5k, Sun., Mar. 11, 11:00 a.m. in Elm Park, Worcester. Stay after the run for the parade and festivities!
- Workplace Differences: A Matter of Style - Bring your lunch and watch this webinar on March 29 from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. in Hogan 304/5. Register here. Everyone has a different style of learning, working, and communicating, and one style is not necessarily better than another - just different. In this session, participants will discover; their personal learning/communication style, how their own style affects learning and communication for everyone in the workplace, how understanding and considering the learning and communication styles of others can prevent tension, misunderstanding and stress in the workplace, and how to maximize your own personal style.
- Understanding Food Labels Tabletop - March 29 from 11:30-1:00 at Hogan Lobby table 2. Stop by and meet with Nan to talk food, simplify what it takes to read a food label, and get healthy eating tips. Susan from KGA, the College's EAP, will also be available to answer questions on the many FREE services they provide.
- Active Shooter Training on March from 9 am - 11 am in Hogan TBD. A light breakfast will be provided. Learn the best ways to protect yourself should you find yourself in a situation on campus where there's an active shooter. Presented by Travis Hunt, Public Safety. Register here.
- Breath Work and Meditation Sessions - ditch depression, anxiety, stress and get a boost to your mood by sitting with Jenn Coode, Wellness Specialist, Fridays from 12:05 to practice breathing techniques and meditation practices. The sessions last 20-30 minutes and rotate between the Field House, Hogan, Smith 303, and Stein 134. Register here up to 10-days in advance.
Quit to Win
Now is your time! Fallon Health's highly successful quit-smoking program, Quit to Win, is coming to Holy Cross! This tobacco treatment program offers 8 weeks of free support meetings, or a phone counseling program, where you will develop a stop-smoking plan.
Getting support while you are trying to quit can double your chances of success.
- Your Quit Coach will help you develop a personalized quit plan and is free to all faculty and staff. You do not have to be a Fallon member to join.
- You'll get support from someone who understands what it's like to try to quit.
- You're not expected to quit on the first day, you work at your pace.
To register for an upcoming session or to find other ways to quit, contact Jenn Coode at ext. 3885 or email@example.com. (If you are a non-exempt employee, please coordinate your time away from the department with your supervisor.) Do you know how much you could save by quitting? Find out here
Quitters are winners!