To get started, click on the link above, login with your Holy Cross account information, create an ILLiad user account (first time in system), then click on the links to the left to order items.
Interlibrary Loan vs. Document Delivery & Retrieval Services
We are expanding our Document Delivery & Retrieval Services to all students, faculty, and staff due to the COVID-19 crisis. This includes books, book chapters, articles from the library’s collections, and interlibrary loans. Students living on campus as well as those approved to be on campus can pick up their physical items in Dinand. All items that can be scanned will be delivered electronically. Access to physical items is available to the entire campus community using our new Drive-up to Pick-up service. The library will mail books to students living at a distance, however this excludes Interlibrary Loan. See our guide for more detailed information.
- For items not owned/accessible by College of the Holy Cross Libraries, select Interlibrary Loan.
- For items owned/accessible by College of the Holy Cross Libraries, select Document Delivery & Retrieval.
Interlibrary Loan allows you to...
- Request items not owned/accessible by College of the Holy Cross Libraries
- Check the status of your requests
- Request renewals of your items
- Check your due dates
- Receive and download PDFs of articles directly from your ILLiad account
- Expected turnaround time of 1-14 business days (if physical item is coming from a long distance away)
- With ILLiad, it is easier to submit your interlibrary loan requests because you enter your name, address, email, and phone number into the system once, at the time of your first request
Document Delivery & Retrieval Services allow faculty to...
- Request items within College of the Holy Cross Libraries Collections
- Check the status of your orders
- Renew items via Sierra
- Check due dates via Sierra
- Receive and download PDFs from your ILLiad account
- Expected turnaround time of 1-2 business days
- *Disclaimer: If document delivery request is unavailable, your request will be rerouted to inter-library which may increase the overall turnaround time
- Eileen Cravedi - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interlibrary Loan - Phil Telemaque - email@example.com
- Document Delivery & Retrieval Services - Andrew Lambert - firstname.lastname@example.org
Known issue: Please clear your browser history if you get directed back to the Library home page when clicking on the form.