Benefits Buzz – Flu Shot Clinics
Health Services has arranged for two seasonal flu vaccination clinics to be held on campus. The clinics will be conducted by medical staff from Maxim Health Services, an immunization and wellness provider that works with many colleges and universities nationwide.
The clinics will be open to students, faculty and staff.
- Wednesday, Oct. 9, 2019 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., Hogan 320, during the benefits fair
- Monday, Oct. 28, 2019 from 1:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m., Hogan One lobby area
The seasonal flu vaccine protects against the three to four main seasonal flu strains that research indicates will cause the most illness during the flu season. The seasonal flu vaccine can protect you from getting sick from these viruses or it can make your illness milder if you get a related flu virus.
If you attend one of the Holy Cross flu clinics:
- Bring your health insurance card.
- Completed Immunization Consent Form (if under 18 years of age).
- There is no charge if you have one of the accepted insurances. If you do not have one of the accepted insurance plans, there is a $30 fee (cash or check). You will receive a receipt that you can send into your insurance company for possible reimbursement.
- Please check with your own insurance plan in advance regarding vaccine coverage. If your insurance is not accepted, you may want to check with the local pharmacies to see if you can receive a flu vaccine there at no charge.
- You do not make an appointment. Maxim will provide adequate medical staff to accommodate those opting to receive a flu shot. Their staff will ask screening questions, process insurance, have you sign a consent form, and perform the inoculation. Note: Employees and students under 18 years of age must have parental consent; please go to Health Services web page to obtain the consent form and bring two copies with you.
- Communicate with your manager or supervisor. Let your manager or supervisor know about your desire to attend a clinic. You should expect to wait in line before you receive the vaccine, and to stay in the Hogan area about 5 minutes after receiving it.
Faculty and staff with questions about the upcoming flu clinics should contact Martha Sullivan, Director of Health Services. See Health Services web page for specific insurances and for any restrictions.
Accepted Insurances by Maxim Health Services
- Blue Cross Blue Shield: Holy Cross Student Health Insurance.
- Empire, Empire BCBS, Anthem CA (PPO only), Anthem CO, Anthem CT, Anthem GA, Anthem IN, Anthem KY, Anthem ME, Anthem MO, Anthem NV, Anthem NH, Anthem OH, Anthem VA, Anthem WI
- BCBS of IL, BCBS of KS, BCBS of MA, BCBS of TX (PPO only), BCBS of NC, BCBS of RI, ConnectiCare
- Independence, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Premera, Rhode Island, Texas, Independence BC/BS and Florida Blue, Premera Blue Cross
- ConnectiCare, Fallon Community Health, Harvard Pilgrim, Healthspring, Humana, Tufts Health Plan
- Healthspring, Humana, Medicare Part B, Medicare Advantage Plans, Meritain Health,
- Sierra Health and Life, SummaCare, Neighborhood Health Plan and Unicare State Indemnity Plan