The Joanne Chouinard-Luth Recreation and Wellness Center will serve the wellness goals of the Holy Cross community. This building became a reality through the extraordinary generosity of John Luth ’74 and Joanne Chouinard-Luth, D.M.D.
Location: Former Field House location
Design firm: Cannon Design
Project commences: February 2019
Anticipated opening: 2021
Total cost: $30 million
The highlight of the upper level of the three-story building will be a one-tenth mile suspended jogging track that looks out on the hills of Worcester. Both the second floor and upper level will house dedicated areas for weight training and cardio machines, along with shower and locker room spaces. The building will also provide new space for our Public Safety Office, essential partners in providing for our community's well-being.
The recreation and wellness center will feature:
- Basketball courts
- Multiple exercise studios
- Weight training rooms
- New shower and locker space
- Centers for a wide assortment of health, wellness, and fitness programming
Watch construction of the Joanne Chouinard-Luth Recreation and Wellness Center via our webcam.
- Sept. 19, 2019: Photos: Holy Cross Celebrates Construction Milestone of the Joanne Chouinard-Luth Recreation and Wellness Center
- July 29, 2019: Joanne Chouinard-Luth Wants to Help Holy Cross Students Live Long, Healthy Lives
- March 5, 2019: Photos: Holy Cross Makes Way for Joanne Chouinard-Luth Recreation and Wellness Center