Brooks-Mulledy Hall (formerly Mulledy Hall) houses around 450 first-year students. This hall, opened in September of 1966, honors Rev. John E. Brooks, S.J., the 29th president of Holy Cross (1970 to 1994) and Rev. Thomas F. Mulledy, S.J., the first president of the College (1843-1845). Brooks-Mulledy housed the first class of women when Holy Cross became coeducational in 1972. This hall is supervised by a Community Development Coordinator (CDC), who is the live-in staff professional on the second floor. The Brooks-Mulledy staff includes 12 Resident Assistants (RAs) and one Head Residence Assistant (HRA).
As the largest residence hall on campus, Brooks-Mulledy allows students to meet and interact with many members of the Holy Cross community. The basement provides study lounges and a large common space used by residents for hall dinners, building wide meetings, and social programs. The kitchen area in the basement has two full sized refrigerators, microwave, counter, stove, and two ovens. There are standard cooking supplies students are able to sign-out with the RA Staff. Students enjoy entertainment on the 42 inch, big screen TV and playing pool or piano in the game room. Laundry facilities are located on the ground floor.
Brooks-Mulledy rooms are approximately 12' x 18' on average. You will find one desk, desk chair, desk lamp, dresser, bookcase, and bed per occupant. Every room has a window and fire-retardant drapes. The twin beds are extra long and "college size" sheets are recommended. Although there is overhead lighting, students are encouraged to bring an extra lamp.
In Brooks-Mulledy we have double, triple, and quad rooms. The dimensions of the triple rooms are the same as those of a standard double. The quad room dimensions are approximately 20’ x 20’. These rooms do not have built in dresser and closet units like many of the standard double rooms. Instead these students have standalone tall dresser units and a wardrobe closet unit.
Here is a floor plan for a typical double room in Brooks-Mulledy Hall.