Jobs in Dining Services
If you enjoy working with people in a team environment, making friends and learning new skills, employment with Holy Cross Dining is the place for you! Many job opportunities are available to students in our locations all over campus. Dining Services seeks enthusiastic and dependable employees with the desire to provide great customer service to guests and the campus community.
Employment with Dining Services offers:
- Competitive Wages
- Flexible Schedules
- Interactive Team Environment
- Perfect Attendance Bonus
- Job Advancement
- Convenient On Campus Locations
Mark the Date!
Returning Student Fall Work Shift Registration
First Year Student Employee Fall Work Shift Registration
Annual First Year Student Employment Meeting
First-year work-study (and non-work-study) students are invited to attend an information/training meeting introducing them to the hiring and work shift registration process for their job opportunity.
Prior to your arrival in the fall, you will be sent an email invitation to this event. This meeting is mandatory for those students planning on working (RSVP required). Dining Services is the only on-campus job provider for first-year students for both awarded work-study or general campus employment.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, you must contact the Assistant Director of Employment and Training at email@example.com to apply. Students with work-study as part of their financial aid package will be given priority for eligible jobs with Dining Services. A Federal work-study award is an offer to earn while you learn, not a guarantee of a job which are on a first-come, first-served basis.
What You Need In Order to Work
All students planning on working for the College must complete all the necessary paperwork (on-line and paper forms) before they begin working to meet the requirements of the federal government and College. The following lists are forms that are required by all students who are new to the College payroll system:
Prior to arriving on campus, sign in to your account:
- Go to Human Resources Self-Service
- Log in using your Holy Cross User ID and Password
- Click on Main Menu in the upper left-hand corner
- Navigate to My Self Service>Holy Cross>My Secure Self-Service. Enter the last 4 digits of your social security number and click on Show Secure Links. Select "Complete and Submit 1-9 Form"
- Complete all required fields and click "Accept"
- Bring your original acceptable identification (see attached list) to campus to be examined by an authorized college employee. Human Resources representatives will be available on move-in day, Saturday, August 31, in the Hogan Campus Center to examine documents. All forms of ID’s presented must be originals - photocopies are not accepted. I-9 forms are completed only once during a new hire process and are valid throughout your career at the College. If you are unable to provide the appropriate documents, you will not be eligible to work.
Filled out with the Holy Cross Dining Department:
New and Returning Hire Application Form On-Line Verification Work Study or Campus Employment Status
- Student Employment Handbook Sign Off
Completed Online and with Payroll Department
- W-4Form (completed on-line Human Resources (HR) Self-Service)
- Direct Deposit Form (completed at the Controller’s Office / O’Kane Room 159)
Recruitment for returning students is conducted in May prior to leaving spring semester. For those students who would like to reapply and have not responded to this request from Dining Services, please utilize the College’s on-line application service. Student Employment Guide – SEWS
Dining Services Job Locations
The following job locations offer opportunities with shift times with varying hours, 7 days a week. A list of shift options can be viewed from our shift registries. Access to this application is received once a student has completed their paperwork and becomes authorized to be hired.
Kimball Dining Hall
Hogan Campus Center
Pay Rate & Perfect Attendance Bonus
Students will earn the current Massachusetts minimum wage of $12.00 an hour. Returning student employees pay rates increase annually according to current College rates. Students with 100% attendance are eligible to receive a series of bonuses. To find out more about how to achieve the bonus, please refer to our Attendance Policy.
Payroll & Direct Deposit
Students are paid weekly and are required to set up direct deposit with the Payroll office. All students are paid electronically via direct deposit for all campus employment. Hours worked are paid the following week. If you encounter any problems or have questions concerning your paycheck, please contact the Student Employment office or Payroll office.
Contact Dining Services
Student Employment Office
Assistant Director of Employment and Training, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kimball Student Organizer, email@example.com
Hogan Student Organizer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Location: We’re located in Kimball Dining Hall, 1st Floor, Room 106.
Directions: As you face the main entrance to Kimball Dining Hall, there is a set of stairs on the left side of the building. Follow the stairs down, Kimball Dining Hall is on your right. Enter the door next to the loading dock. Continue going straight and through the brown double doors, past the elevator and stairs. Our office is the first door on the left.