Working to Keep You Healthy
Last updated: July 16, 2020
The health and wellness of our students, faculty, and staff is our first priority. We are adhering to the required and recommended guidance for foodservice sanitation, health, and safety and have implemented a variety of measures to ensure your safety while eating on campus.
We will continuously update this page to keep you informed of our current procedures and protocols. We appreciate your patience and consideration as we work through this together.
- Safety & Sanitation
- All employees will be required to wear masks and gloves. All College employees are required to comply with state safety standards, be approved to work on campus, complete a self-health assessment prior to reporting to campus, and complete mandatory COVID-19 training. In addition, all Dining staff will participate in additional sanitation, allergy and food safety, and Covid-19 specific training.
- Increased sanitation practices in all Dining locations with a focus on high-touch areas.
- Plexiglass has been installed to provide physical barriers for increased protection for both customers and staff.
- Additional sanitizer stations have been added to all Dining locations.
- Guests will be required to wear a mask to enter Dining locations and encouraged to use hand sanitizer and gloves.
- All condiments stations have been removed and will be replaced with single-use packs.
- Guest Signage & Communications
- Clear signage including floor markers and directional signage will be placed in all Dining locations to help students navigate throughout each location easily and confidently.
- One way traffic in some locations will optimize the flow of traffic and social distancing.
- This webpage along with our social media accounts (IG: @holycrossdining) will be updated with details and changes as they become available.
- Dining Hours & Menus
- All Dining locations are currently closed with the exception of Kimball Main Dining Hall which is open only to those students remaining on campus and approved by Residence Life and other College officials.
- Kimball will be closed from 10:30-11:00 a.m. and 3:00-3:30 p.m. daily to allow our staff to perform thorough cleaning, disinfecting and sanitation practices.
- Further information on hours for all Dining locations will be posted as they become available.
- Some menus may be limited.
- To-go meals will be encouraged.
- Dining Logistics & Technology
- Kimball Main
- It is anticipated that dine-in service will be limited during the academic year, and service may be takeout only. During takeout only, Kimball Main will provide to-go containers and self-service options will now be served by Dining team members.
- If dine-in service is allowed, time, as well as the number of students allowed in the dining room and servery, will be limited in adherence to the guidelines for social distancing.
- The Kimball to Kitchen grocery program will still be available for students on the Apartment Plan.
- To better serve students with gluten intolerance, the Stir Fry station has been made gluten-free.
- Gluten-free options will be available at each station upon request. Options may include: deli sandwiches, pasta, breads, bagels and gluten-free versions of our main entree offerings.
- The salad bar will also be available with many gluten-free options such as grains, fresh fruits and vegetables. Eliminating self-service in Kimball will help us to control the possibility of cross-contact in this area.
- All other Dining locations
- We will require Grubhub for orders at all Dining locations except Kimball Main. Orders will be encouraged to be taken to-go in an effort to reduce lines, increase safety and speed of service.
- Use of Sally, the food robot, will be suspended for fall semester.
- Students will be swiping their own cards in Kimball and the Lobby Shop.
- Touchless pay (Apple, Android and Google Pay) are options at all registers and encouraged.
- Food Allergies and Special Diets
- Our dietitian is working closely with the culinary team to ensure that students with food allergies or special diets will still be able to eat safely. Students in the FASD program will receive an email from the dietitian with further instructions.
- Menu screens in Kimball and our online menus will be updated regularly with the most current nutrition and allergen information.
- Gluten-free items will be available upon request.
- Gluten-free toasters in Kimball will no longer be self-service.
- The stir fry station in Kimball Main has been made gluten-free to ensure students with gluten intolerance will be able to order a stir fry safely without worrying about cross-contact.
- All Dining locations will continue to follow strict allergen-safety procedures. As always, some locations are better able to accommodate food allergies than others. Students with food allergies or special diets who are not enrolled in the FASD program are encouraged reach out to Registered Dietitian Alyssa Pittman by emailing email@example.com.
We know this list doesn’t address all of the questions you may have. As our plans evolve we will add that information to this page. Be sure to follow Holy Cross Dining on social media to get updated date information, changes, and ways we are adapting to serve you based on the latest guidelines.
If you have any questions or concerns that need to be addressed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.