Holy Cross Dining is committed to being an integral partner in the environmental mission of the College. As a department, we believe that it is important to think green and therefore we constantly evaluate our policies and procedures in light of their impact on the environment. We are proud of our initiatives that encourage the best practices to reduce, reuse and recycle. Here are some of the areas we are making a difference:
- Sourcing locally grown and manufactured products
- Purchase eco-friendly disposable products
- Environmentally friendly chemical program
- Recycling cardboard, glass, metal and frying grease locally
- Earth friendly “Purple Goes Green” reusable hot beverage and water bottle program
- Trayless Dining – conserves water and energy - reduces chemicals and food waste
These environmental initiatives are important steps towards campus-wide sustainability, but there is still more we can do. Individually, we can each be more aware of the resources we consume. Collectively, we can strive for better policies that strengthen our community and our environment. As an institution that consistently ranks among the top liberal arts schools in the country, we must continue to pursue excellence and integrity in everything that we do.
Read this article on how Holy Cross is going "green".
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding our sustainable efforts, please contact email@example.com