Interested in being the next leaders for your class? Join the Student Government Association and make student life better for your peers! Our Spring elections start on 2/19 and go to 2/27!
The Information Session is on Wednesday, February 14th at 8PM in Hogan 406
- Paperwork is due on Monday, February 19th at 5PM submitted to the SGA Office (Hogan 220)
NO CAMPAIGNING IS ALLOWED BEFORE PAPERWORK DEADLINE (February 19th)
Campaigning begins on Monday, February 19th at 11:59PM
The Meet the Candidates is on Tuesday, February 20th at 7:30PM in Cool Beans (this is a quick 1-2 minute speech about why you are running and what you wish to accomplish)
- The Co-Presidential Debate is on Thursday, February 22nd
Voting goes live for Spring Elections at 12 PM on Monday, February 26th and go until 12PM on Tuesday, February 27th (available on your Moodle page)
Positions for this years election:
- Co-Presidents—Co-President candidates must run together as a pair. Members of the class of 2019, 2020, and 2021 can run, though there is a requirement of 2 years of combined SGA experience between the candidate pair. Members of the Class of 2018 can vote for the 2018-2019 SGA Co-Presidents.
- Class Officers:
- President for the classes 2019, 2020, 2021
- Vice President for the classes 2019, 2020, 2021
- Treasurer for the classes 2019, 2020, 2021
- Secretary for the classes 2019, 2020, 2021
- Class of 2019 (3 Positions)
- Class of 2020 (3 Positions)
- Class of 2021 (3 Positions)
- Senators at Large (9 Positions -- All Class Years May Run)
NECESSARY PAPERWORK NEEDED
(please see attachments)
1) A 1 page letter of intent entailing a brief description of who you are, and why you are running
2) Signature Sheets (50 in-class signatures needed for class election, 100 signatures needed for campus wide election)
An SGA organizational chart is attached for reference. We encourage you to refer to the SGA constitution and bylaws for all official election procedures/an overview of what SGA is and does.