You may request to waive the requirement of submitting the CSS Profile if your parent(s) meet the following criteria:
- Your parent(s) live and work in the United States or Puerto Rico.
- The combined Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of your parent(s) is less than $75,000.
- The combined non-retirement assets for you and your parent(s), NOT including a primary residence, are less than $50,000.
- Your parent(s) are not self-employed and do not own a business or have ownership in any business.
- Your parent(s) do not own real estate other than their primary residence.
- If your parent(s) own their primary residence, the market value of that residence is less than $600,000, with reasonable home equity (how much your home is worth MINUS the amount left on your mortgage).
To request to waive the CSS Profile requirement, please complete the following form:
The information you provide should include all parents—your biological, adoptive, and stepparent/parent’s partner.
Students whose parents are not living together may also qualify to waive this requirement. If you are an independent student or are unable to provide any parental information, you may also qualify for the waiver. These situations can be complicated, and we encourage you contact the financial aid office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who are eligible to waive the CSS Profile requirement must still submit the FAFSA and required tax documents. You can find more information on this process at holycross.edu/applying-aid/early-and-regular-decision-applicants.
The Holy Cross CSS Profile Waiver is different from the College Board fee waivers. Students who are not eligible for the Holy Cross waiver may qualify to submit the CSS Profile for free if they meet the criteria determined by the College Board. You can find more information at cssprofile.collegeboard.org/fee-waivers.