Welcome to the 2016-2017 academic year at Holy Cross. We hope you will join us on the Parents Leadership Circle (PLC). This group of parent leaders is enthusiastic about connecting with faculty, administrators, and other parents, as well as supporting programs and activities that help students at the College.
Parents Leadership Circle members make an annual leadership gift to Holy Cross. There are a number of benefits that come with joining the PLC, and many ways for members to become involved at the College. Following below is a more detailed description of the benefits and opportunities available through this dynamic group of parents.
As co-chairs of the PLC, it gives us great pleasure to contribute our time and resources to Holy Cross. We have been so impressed with how the College engages the whole person, and how our son has thrived on campus.
Parents are an integral part of the Holy Cross community, and the PLC offers many ways to make a difference. Thank you for your consideration and your support. We look forward to seeing you this year.
Jim and Tracy Lilly P18
Chairs, Parents Leadership Circle
Parents Leadership Circle:
An Invitation to Lead ...
Established in 2014, the Parents Leadership Circle (PLC)is a partnership between parent leaders and the College. PLC members are invited to serve as ambassadors of Holy Cross, learn about the College's strategic goals, and network with campus leadership.
Members of the PLC are asked to
- Make a leadership gift at one of the following President's Council levels:
- Benefactor's Circle – gifts of $20,000 or more
- Regent – gifts of $10,000 - $19,999
- Distinguished – gifts of $5,000 - $9,999
- Consider directing your gift to the part of Holy Cross you care about most – the Parents Fund, Academic Excellence, the Crusader Athletics Fund, Faith & Service Initiatives or Financial Aid
- Provide College administrators with valuable insight into the Holy Cross experience
- Develop career opportunities for Holy Cross students, including job shadowing, mentoring, internships and employment
Opportunities to get involved
- Attend the annual PLC meeting during Family Weekend
- Engage in discussions focused on key aspects of the student experience
- Host and/or attend receptions to introduce the College's leadership to parents in your area, or to welcome incoming students and their families to Holy Cross
- Help identify other families who may be willing to support the College
Benefits of Membership
- As a member of the PLC, your support automatically qualifies you as a member of President's Council, the College's leadership annual giving society. Each year, President's Council members are invited to regional events hosted by Rev. Philip L. Boroughs, S.J., President of the College, and members of the College's leadership team.
- Receive regular emails from the President of the College with important developments on campus or emerging strategic initiatives
- Participate in conference calls and webinars with campus leaders
- Families who are PLC members for two or more years will have access to honored seating and special participation at Commencement
- Recognition of your support in the annual Honor Roll of Donors
To Learn More
For more information, please contact Jen DiFranco, director of annual leadership giving, at email@example.com or call (508) 793-2246.