If you are interested in forming an alumni affinity group, please review the protocols outlined below. Leaders of a proposed group must submit a Statement of Purpose to the Office of Alumni Relations, outlining the group's objectives and structure.
I. The following protocols and procedures are required from alumni seeking to organize formal/recognized alumni affinity groups:
- There must be at least 1-2 alumni leaders/coordinators willing to do most of the initial coordination and program development.
- The Office of Alumni Relations must support the concept of creating an alumni group in this area/field (i.e., there must be a demonstrated/expressed interest on the part of alumni in establishing such a group).
- Potential group members must be easily identified within the Holy Cross alumni database (i.e. field of work, student activity, interest, etc.).
- A Statement of Purpose must be submitted to the Office of Alumni Relations.
- Any programs sponsored by the group must be financially self-supporting.
II. The basic services of alumni affinity groups should include:
- Networking/gathering/educational opportunities for alumni and students.
- Sending periodic electronic communications (i.e. invitations, newsletters, etc.) to its alumni constituency.
- Updates on new publications by faculty or alumni in the related field and related professional developments (if applicable).
- Calendar for upcoming events and programs.
III. Once a group is formally recognized, the Office of Alumni Relations will work with its leaders to provide the following support:
- A presence on the Alumni website.
- An official Holy Cross e-mail address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- A staff liaison to help with group logistics and programming.
- Occasional publication of group programming in Holy Cross Magazine, Alumni enews, and other outlets.
- Printing/postage costs for group programming.
- Access to space for on-campus events (e.g., Hogan Campus Center).
Questions? Contact the Office of Alumni Relations at (508) 793-2418 or email@example.com
Updated February 2017