Rhetoric and Composition
M.F.A. University of New Hampshire; Ph.D. University of Connecticut
Fields: Writing Centers, Composition Studies, Creative Writing (Fiction), Comparative/World Literature (20th Century), Human Rights, Humor Studies
- ENGL 400: Theories of Global Englishes
- ENGL 387: Composition Theory and Pedagogy
- ENGL 121: Critical Reading and Writing: Fiction
- ENGL 110: Introduction to Academic Writing
- PSPT 108: Elements of Writing Argument
- ENGL 100: Introduction to Literary Study (Human Rights in Literature)
- Montserrat (Global Cluster): Writing Human Rights
- "Unmasking the Balkan Wars." Slovene Studies [Winner of the 2018 Rado Lenček Graduate Student Prize], vol. 41, no. 2, 2019, pp. 55-78.
- "Adopting Writing Center Practices in Teaching," MLA Style Center, April 2019.
- "A Pocket of Resistance to Chaos: Empathetic Absurdism in International Literature on the Siege of Sarajevo." Balkanistica, vol. 29, 2016, pp. 123-150.
- "Summing Up the Session: A Study of Student, Faculty and Tutor Attitudes Toward Tutor Notes." Writing Center Journal, vol. 35, no. 3, 2016, pp. 17-30. Co-authored with Melissa Bugdal and Thomas Deans.
- "Finding a Room of Their Own: Programming Time and Space for Grad Writing at the University of Connecticut Writing Center." WLN: A Writing Center Journal, vol. 40, no. 1-2, 2016, pp. 10-17. Co-authored with Thomas Deans and Cheryl Maykel.
- "How a Grandmother Tells a War Story." The Journal of Narrative Politics, vol. 2, no. 1, 2015, pp. 18-21.
- "A Flora Specific to Modern Wars: The Rhizomatic Feminine Rhetoric of Flowers." The Space Between Literature and Culture 1914-1945, vol. 10, 2014 [appeared in 2015], https://www.google.com/search?q=kristina+reardon+and+femininte+rhetoric+of+flowers&ie=&oe=.
- Review of Going Places: Slovenian Women's Stories on Immigration. Slovene Studies, vol. 36, no. 1, 2015, pp. 73-77.
- "Amidst the Razor Wire: Narrating Poetic Justice in Guantanamo Bay." The Quiet Corner Interdisciplinary Journal, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 1-13.
- "La desestabilización de la identidad de la mujer con la magia: La casi-bruja en las novelas ejemplares de Cervantes y Zayas." [The Magic Woman's Destabilized Identity: The Almost-Witch in Cervantes' and Zayas' Exemplary Novels.] El Cid, vol. XXV, pp. xcviii-cxii.
- "Portrayals of Childhood Innocence in Contemporary Israeli Fiction." eSharp, vol. 19, pp. 101-120.
- Nataša Kramberger'sBlackberry Heaven, Litterae Slovenicae. Trans. from Slovene. Forthcoming.
- Leonora Flis's "Zeroes." World Literature Today. Trans. from Slovene. 2017.
- Lili Potpara's "Amerika Street." Flash Fiction International (Norton, 2015). Trans. from Slovene.
- Carmen Boullosa's "The Jails Take to the Streets." Asymptote. Trans. from Spanish. 2014.
- Jimena Néspolo's "The Dorado Woman." Brooklyn Rail. Trans. from Spanish. 2014.
- Miha Mazzini's "The Day of the Living Dead." World Literature Today. Trans. from Slovene. 2014.
- Carmen Boullosa's "The Vision." World Literature Today. Trans. from Spanish. 2012.
- Maja Novak's "The Ghosts are Schrodinger Cats." Words Without Borders. Trans. from Slovene with Nina Dolgan. 2012.
- Silvija Borovnik's "Guti's Stories," Nina Kokelj's "The Beggar," and Suzana Tratnik's "Ana's Note." Slovene Studies. Trans. from Slovene with Jaka Cibej and Matevz Kersnik. 2012.
- Carmen Boullosa's "Saint Teresa Visits Beth Israel." PEN/USA Website. Trans. from Spanish. 2011.
- "Crumbling Walls." The Long River Review. 2017.
- "Baking Bread." The Foundling Review. 2016.
- "Build on Sand." The Adirondack Review. 2015.
- "On Dragon Bridge." The Long River Review. 2015.
- "The Girls Jump Into the Pool." theNewerYork. 2014.
- "Red Wine with a Hint of Shoe." The Journal of Microliterature. 2014.
- "Providence." Montreal Review. 2012.
- "In the Desert." Eastown Fiction. 2010.
- "A Bit of Kindness" and "Easter 1941." Newport Review. 2009.
- 2019 - National Endowment for the Arts Translation Grant
- 2017 - Fellowship from the Slovene Book Agency (Javna agencija za knjigo) to the 7th International Translation Seminar
- 2016 - Friends of the Princeton University Library Research Grant
- 2014 - National Endowment for the Humanities Summer Institute Fellowship
- 2010 - Fulbright grant to Slovenia
- 2018 - Rado L. Lenček Prize, Society for Slovene Studies, for the best paper written by a graduate student about Slovenia
- 2018 - AETNA Children's Literature Award, Creative Writing Program, University of Connecticut
- 2018 - Long River Graduate Writing Award, Creative Writing Program, University of Connecticut
- 2016 - AETNA Creative Non-Fiction Graduate Award, Creative Writing Program, University of Connecticut
- 2015 - Graduate Award for Outstanding Scholarship in Comparative Literary and Cultural Studies, Department of Literatures, Cultures and Languages, University of Connecticut
- 2014 - Susan Porter Benson Graduate Research Paper Award, Women's Gender and Sexuality Studies Program, University of Connecticut
- 2013 - Borys & Lida S. Bilokur Award in Slavic Studies, Department of Literatures, Cultures and Languages, University of Connecticut
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies
- Latin American, Latinx and Caribbean Studies
- Northeast Writing Center Association
- International Writing Center Association
- Society for Slovene Studies, secretary
- Modern Language Association, Committee on the Status of Graduate Students in the Profession