Prof. Ara Francis
Director, Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies
Prof. Susan Cunningham
Associate Director, CIS Concentration Support
How to apply:
You may become a Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies concentrator at any time until the end of the second semester of your junior year, or at the Director's discretion. In order to declare the concentration, you should do the following:
- Download and complete a Change of Academic Plan form from STAR.
- Download an unofficial transcript from STAR.
- Meet with Pr. Ara Francis (Beaven 211), Director of Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies to discuss your plans and obtain her signature on your Change of Plan form.
- Meet with your advisor to obtain his/her signature on your Change of Plan form.
- Meet with Pr. Cunningham (Smith 329), Associate Director, CIS-Concentrations to give her your transcript and to obtain her signature on the Change of Plan form. NOTE: Pr. Cunningham's office will then take your Change of Plan form and will bring it to the Class Dean's Office for his/her signature and processing with the Registrar's Office.