Associate Professor (On leave 2020-2021)
- ENGL 110: Introduction to Academic Writing
- ENGL 299: Queer Literature
- ENGL 381: Rhetoric
- ENGL 382: Queer Theory
- ENGL 383: Feminist Literary Theory
- ENGL 399: Digital Writing
- ENGL 401: Transgender Memoir
- GSWS 299: Transgender Studies
- “The Rhetorical Power of Archival Description: Classifying Images of Gender Transgression.” Rhetoric Society Quarterly 48.4 (Winter 2018): 327–351.
- “Archives and Archiving.” Transgender Studies Quarterly 2.4 (Nov. 2015). Special issue co-edited with Aaron Devor. Duke University Press.
- “An Inevitably Political Craft.” Introduction to Transgender Studies Quarterly 2.4 (Nov. 2015): 544–552.
- Review of Isaac West’s Transforming Citizenships: Transgender Articulations of the Law (New York, NY: New York University Press, 2014). QED: A Journal of Queer Worldmaking 2.3 (Fall 2015): 160–162.
- “Coalition of Who? Regendering Scholarly Community in the History of Rhetoric.” Co-created with Patricia Bizzell. Peitho 18.1 (Fall/Winter 2015). <http://peitho.cwshrc.org/coalition-of-who-regendering-scholarly-community-in-the-history-of-rhetoric-2/>
- “Archival Justice: An Interview with Ben Power Alwin.” Radical History Review 122 (Spring 2015): 177–187.
- “Transgender Worldmaking in Cyberspace: Historical Activism on the Internet.” QED: A Journal of Queer Worldmaking 1.2 (June, 2014): 38–60.
- “Archive.” Transgender Studies Quarterly 1.1–2 (May 2014): 24–26.
- “Transgender*: The Rhetorical Landscape of a Term.” Co-authored with Cristan Williams. Present Tense 3.2 (April, 2014). <http://www.presenttensejournal.org/volume-3/transgender-the-rhetorical-landscape-of-a-term/> Corresponding timeline: <http://kjrawson.net/trans-gender-timeline/>
- “Rhetorical History 2.0: Toward a Digital Transgender Archive.” Enculturation 16 (June, 2013). Web. <http://www.enculturation.net/toward_digital_transgender_archive>
- “Queer Archives/Archival Queers.” Co-authored with Charles E. Morris III. In Theorizing Histories of Rhetoric. Ed. Michelle Ballif. Carbondale, IL: Southern Illinois University Press, 2013. 74–89.
- “Archive This! Queer(ing) Archival Practices.” In Practicing Research in Writing Studies: Reflections on Ethically Responsible Research. Eds. Katy Powell and Pam Takayoshi. New York: Hampton Press, 2012. 237–250.
- Rhetorica In Motion: Feminist Rhetorical Methods and Methodologies. Co-edited with Eileen E. Schell. Pittsburgh, PA: University of Pittsburgh Press, 2010.
- “Queering Feminist Rhetorical Canonization.” In Rhetorica In Motion: Feminist Rhetorical Methods and Methodologies. Eds. Eileen E. Schell and K.J. Rawson. Pittsburgh, PA: University of Pittsburgh Press, 2010. 39-52.
- Review of Sally Hines’ TransForming gender: Transgender Practices of identity, intimacy and care (Bristol, UK: Policy Press, 2007). Co-authored with Avery Brooks Tompkins. Journal of Gender Studies 19.1 (March 2010): 98-100.
- “Accessing Transgender // Desiring Queer(er?) Archival Logics.” Archivaria 68 (Fall 2009): 123-140.
- Primary Investigator, Developing the Digital Transgender Archive, American Council of Learned Societies Digital Extension Grant, Academic Year 2017–2018 ($150,000)
- Primary Investigator, Building the Digital Transgender Archive, American Council of Learned Societies Digital Innovation Fellowship, Academic Year 2015–2016 ($85,000)
- Collaborator, LGBTQ Oral History Digital Collaboratory, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada Grant, 2014-2019 ($254,000)
- Chair, Homosaurus Editorial Board
- Board Member, Making Gay History Podcast
- Board Member, QED: A Journal in GLBTQ World Making
- Board Member, Peitho
- Member, Outfront: A GLBT Alliance of Faculty and Staff at Holy Cross
- Reviewer for various publications including College Composition and Communication, Enculturation, Peitho, QED, and Rhetoric Society Quarterly