Prof. Lorelle Semley
Director, Africana Studies
Prof. Susan Cunningham
Associate Director, CIS Concentration Support
How To Apply
You may become a Africana Studies concentrator at any time until the end of the second semester of your junior year, or at the director's discretion. In order to declare the concentration, you should do the following:
• Download and fill out a Change of Academic Plan Form from STAR.
• Download an unofficial transcript from STAR.
• Meet with Prof. Lorelle Semley of Africana Studies, (in O’Kane 388) to discuss your plans and obtain her signature on your Change of Academic Plan Form.
• Meet with your advisor to obtain his/her signature on your Change of Academic Plan Form.
• Meet with Prof. Susan Cunningham, Associate Director of Concentrations, (in Smith 329/331) to give her your unofficial transcript and to have her sign your Change of Academic Plan Form. NOTE: Pr. Cunningham's office will then take your Change of Academic Plan Form and will bring it to the Class Dean's Office for his/her signature and processing with the Registrar.