In the fall of 2010, Holy Cross received continuation of its accreditation for 10 years by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (CIHE) of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
A copy of the final report by the visiting team, as well as the reply by Rev. Michael C. McFarland, S.J., president of the College, are available here.
- Final NEASC Report to Holy Cross - June 22, 2010(.pdf)
- Reply Letter to NEASC - August 2, 2010 (.pdf)
The final report praised Holy Cross in several areas, most notably for:
- integrating mission into all aspects of the educational program as well as its external relations. "There can be few institutions of higher learning where more people, programs, and resources are dedicated to sustaining and improving a clearly articulated and widely 'lived' mission," the review team wrote.
- prudent financial management
- exemplary work of the Board of Trustees
- progress in using assessment for improvement
As in all such 10-year renewals, Holy Cross will be asked to demonstrate by 2015 that we have addressed the four areas of concern articulated in the report, namely:
- further progress on assessment of student learning outcomes
- faculty governance
- diversity of faculty and staff
- participation of the library staff in academic planning