Temporary policy on-campus access for vendors and contractors during the COVID-19 emergency.
Last updated: Sept. 8, 2020
- Effective immediately, we are limiting access to campus to essential vendors and contractors, as approved by members of the Executive Team. A vendor or contractor is “essential” if their services are required to conduct an essential business activity on campus and this activity cannot be conducted remotely.
- Deans, directors, and department heads may authorize essential vendors and contractors to come onto campus to complete their designated work, subject to the safety standards below.
- Consistent with our obligations under the Massachusetts Reopening Guidelines, we are not permitting third parties to solicit or “table” on campus until further notice.
- The authorizing dean, director, or department head must authorize the vendor or contractor in writing and must maintain a log of all vendors and contractors that come onto campus, including name; contact information; and dates, times, and places on campus. Authorizing deans, directors, or department heads must use the Return to Campus process and request approval by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The authorizing dean, director, or department head is solely responsible for communicating and ensuring compliance with the following safety standards:
- Prior to coming onto campus, all vendors and contractors must watch the CDC video, “COVID-19 Stop the Spread of Germs” available at: https://www.cdc.gov/video/vaccines/317152_STSGerms.wmv
- Vendors and contractors may not come on campus if they are ill, exhibit symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or have been identified as a “close contact” of someone positive with COVID-19 within the last 14 days;
- Vendors and contractors must limit access on campus to the greatest extent possible, accessing only those areas on campus in which they have a business purpose;
- Each vendor and contractor must maintain physical distancing of six feet or more from other individuals unless this creates a safety hazard due to the nature of the work or the configuration of the workspace.
- Vendors and contractors are subject to the universal mask policy.
- Vendors and contractors must wash and/or disinfect hands as often as possible;
- In the event a vendor or contractor tests positive within 14 days of being on campus, this individual will notify the College at email@example.com.
- The College may make changes of any nature at any time to this Policy as it deems necessary in response to the conditions posed by the current pandemic.
- Questions regarding this policy may be directed to the COVID Compliance Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.