Please see below for a list of student services available during the fall semester. We will continue to update this document as more information becomes available.
Last updated: Sept. 1, 2020
Academic Services and Learning Resources (ASLR)
- Academic Services and Learning Resources is committed to providing quality academic support during the transition to distance learning. Students will have access to all tutoring services remotely, including the STEM+E Workshop and the Peer Assisted Learning (PAL) program. Please see ASLR'sAcademic Support Continuity page to schedule an appointment with a staff member for individual academic support and to access learning resources.
Art Spaces - Practice Rooms, Millard Hall, Cantor Art Gallery
Closed until further notice.
The Hart Center at the Luth Athletic Complex is closed until further notice.
The Bookstore will be open Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. for online orders and in-person counter service.
On-campus fitness: A limited number of elliptical machines, treadmills, and exercise bikes are available by appointment only in the Luth Athletic Complex. Reservations for exercise equipment should be made on imleagues.com/holycross. Students will have to register on the site prior to making a reservation. Loyola Fitness Center and the Circuit Trailer will be closed for the fall semester. Neither the pool nor ice rink will be available for general student use this semester.
Virtual and no-equipment fitness options: Please visit holycross.edu/campusrec for more information.
Club and intramural sports: Club and intramural sports are canceled for the fall 2020 semester.
Contact: Students with questions should email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Center for Career Development
The Center for Career Development team is positioned to respond to your needs through virtual means and is eager to connect with you. You can find a wealth of information and resources in Handshake or contact us at email@example.com or 508-793-3880.
- All appointments are being conducted via Zoom, Google Meet or phone. Please log in to Handshake, click “Career Center” in the top navigation menu, and then select “Appointments” to schedule a time to speak with a career counselor for career counseling, career exploration advice, job/internship search advising, or career community advising.
- The CCD is planning virtual events for the fall semester including career fairs, networking events and alumni panels. Please visit Handshake for a current list of events and programs and instructions on how to join remotely.
- Log in to Handshake to view our How-To guides and videos, access career resources including Vault, GoinGlobal, the HCNetwork and more.
- Employers are posting jobs and internships, hosting virtual office hours, and conducting information sessions. Log in to Handshake to apply for opportunities and RSVP for events.
- Stay up to date! The CCD communicates with students via email. Please read it! You can also connect with us on Instagram at @CrusaderCareers.
- Campion House will be closed for in-person meetings for the fall semester. Watch for the Pop-up Campion tent throughout the week during the semester.
- Sunday Mass @ 11:30 am in St. Joseph Memorial Chapel (the upstairs chapel) - will resume September 6. Due to space restrictions, on-campus students and student granted campus access will have to register to attend Sunday Mass at the link found here. This weekly Sunday Mass will also be livestreamed on the Chaplains’ Office YouTube page. (NB: due to the pandemic, the obligation to attend Sunday Mass is lifted in the Diocese of Worcester through December 31.)
- Weekday Masses @ 12 Noon Monday-Friday, will resume September 1 in St. Joseph Memorial Chapel (the upstairs chapel) No registration necessary.
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation (celebrated masked and socially distanced) is available Tuesdays and Thursdays 11-11:45 am in the lower sacristy (near the restrooms).
- The weekly Interdenominational Worship Service will take place at 4:30pm on Sundays in the Mary Chapel.
- Chaplains will be offering some online “retreat” and conversation group opportunities. We will offer individual spiritual direction, pastoral care, and support groups in an online format as well. More information about specific programs and opportunities will be forthcoming in the coming weeks.
- Class Chaplains:
The Ciocca Center for Business, Ethics, and Society is still available to help students explore business, explore industries and functions, as well as connect with the Holy Cross alumni network. Students can email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about different programs. Students already participating should email program directors with questions. Visit holycross.edu/business for more information about the various programs we offer.
- To contact an advisor directly by email:
- Please reference the Advising and Resources page for various useful links.
Class Deans are available for consultation by email, phone or Zoom.
- To set up an appointment, call Lynn Levesque at 508-793-2532 or email her at email@example.com. Indicate whether you prefer a phone or Zoom appointment, and give your contact information.
- To contact the Class Deans directly by email use:
- The Counseling Center staff members are committed to keeping students safe by minimizing face-to-face exposure. All services will continue to be fully operational while also being adapted for COVID-19 regulations through teleconferencing (i.e., Zoom or phone).
- Any currently enrolled student, regardless of residential location, can call an on-crisis counselor 24/7 at 855-418-7282.
- The Counseling Center is open Monday through Friday 9 am-noon and 1-5 pm and can be reached by calling 508-793-3363.
- Telepsychotherapy, consultation, psychiatry, and Urgent Care (Monday through Friday at 10 am and 3 pm,) and outreach will continue to be provided.
- The Counseling Center will offer consultation to assist students and families in navigating how to access proximal therapeutic supports. In order to access consultation through the Counseling Center, please call 508-793-3363.
- For additional information, please call the Counseling Center at 508-793-3363 and/or visit our website for the most current information https://www.holycross.edu/health-wellness-and-access/counseling-center.
- Mental health resources for coping with COVID-19 can be found at www.apa.org/topics/covid-19/.
The Library has createda special guide for Fall 2020 that details how students may request assistance from a Holy Cross librarian, whether local or remote. Assistance includes but is not limited to:
- Research Assistance including scheduling a personal research appointment with a Librarian
- Virtual Reference
- Learning how to search and find important primary and secondary online resources to support your work
- Help with accessing any online resources from off campus
- Databases, ebooks, journals, Google Scholar, etc
- How to request scanned copies of items from print resources in the libraries
- How to request a book be shipped to you at home.
- How to utilize the Library’s new “Drive up to Pick up” service to get books held by any of the libraries.
- How to use Interlibrary Loan to request electronic copies of items held by other libraries
Holy Cross research librarians will be monitoring our local virtual reference chat service from 9am to 8pm Sunday - Thursday; and 9am to 5pm on Friday; and students can still get 24/7 research help through our AJCU consortial chat service: https://libguides.holycross.edu/ask
Holy Cross research librarians will be answering email requests 7 days a week either by individual librarians connected with your courses, or (the quickest response) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Dinand and Science libraries will be operating with physical access limited to approved students, faculty, and staff only starting August 31st. The Music Library and Archives/Special Collections will be by appointment only, approval required. Hours of operation are subject to change and access may be limited. The circulation desk in Dinand Library and the Science Library will be staffed to assist with any questions you have about any library service. Please contact the Music Library and Archives/Special Collections for any other needs as staff will be available.
More detailed information on Dining’s response to Covid-19 can be found here: https://www.holycross.edu/campus-life/dining/covid-19-information
- Kimball Main
- August 24-29 students (international students and anyone cleared from quarantine/isolation) will pick up meals from Kimball from 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- August 30 Kimball will be open from 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. for take-out service
- Beginning August 31 Kimball will be open for take-out from 7:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m., daily
- Kimball will be closed from 10:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m. daily to allow our staff to perform thorough cleaning, disinfecting and sanitation practices.
- Cool Beans
- Grubhub is required for all Cool Beans orders. Orders must to be taken to-go in an effort to reduce lines, increase safety and speed of service.
- August 26-28 Cool Beans will be open from 7:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Beginning August 31 Cool Beans will be open Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m.-10:00 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday from 10:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.
- Lobby Shop
- August 26-28 Lobby Shop will be open from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Beginning August 31 Lobby Shop will be open Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Closed Saturday and Sunday.
Events and Conference Services & The Hogan Center
- There are no in person meeting spaces available during the Fall Semester
- Office will be open, but the operation will be a hybrid of remote and in person staff
- The Hogan Center will be open 7 days a week from 7:30am until 10pm when classes are in session.
- Health Services (HS) is open for normal hours (Mon to Fri 9 am to noon, and 1 pm to 5 pm) during the fall semester, primarily doing telehealth visits via Zoom.
- No walk in appointments, you must call first-- 508-793-2276
- Online appointments can be made via the Patient Portal, only for non-COVID symptoms (injuries, gyn exams, STD testing, etc).
- Anyone with symptoms consistent with COVID will need to call to make an appointment. Anyone with symptoms consistent with COVID will be seen in our Respiratory Clinic in Loyola Basement. Signage outside Loyola will direct you to the right location. Again, please do not just show up to the clinic, you MUST call first.
- Any student who receives a RED badge during their COVID-19 Daily Check in on the One Medical app, should isolate in their room and call Health Services.
- If the office is closed, students should call the on call physician for any non-emergency medical questions (508-334-8830) and DPS for medical emergencies 508-793-2222
Information Technology Services - ITS Help Desk
The ITS Help Desk provides technical support related to College software and applications.
For technical assistance please contact the ITS Help Desk by sending a email to email@example.com
ITS Help Desk website - https://www.holycross.edu/its-help-desk
Drop In Tech Support - Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm
- Join Hangouts Meet - meet.google.com/yqr-vzfw-hed
Join by phone - +1 361-360-8268 PIN: 657 445 230#
JD Power Center
The J.D. Power Center for Liberal Arts in the World is still available to help students identify potential experiential learning opportunities and to reflect on their past experiences! Students can email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about different programs. Students already in specific programs should email program directors with questions. Visit holycross.edu/jdpowercenter for more information about the various programs we offer.
Office of Accessibility Services
The Office of Accessibility staff members will be working remotely and are available Monday - Friday 9-5 (EST). The office is actively working to meet students’ accommodation needs in the on-line environment and provide guidance to faculty in order to meet these needs. The office can be reached via the web contact form, individual appointments can be requested by emailing email@example.com, and phone calls (508-793-3693) will be forwarded to voicemail which will be monitored daily, Monday through Friday.
Office of International Students
Please email Dean Tina Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions, or to schedule an online appointment. Dean Tina will also be happy to work with you to ensure you have the visa documents and work authorizations you need. Please consult the Office of International Students website for additional information.
Office of Multicultural Education
- OME staff members will be working remotely & available Monday-Friday 9-5pm (EST).
- Students can join community hours every weekday this fall from 4:00 - 5:00pm EST. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for an update on Zoom login information.
- Students can book individual online meetings with OME staff members using the links below. If you cannot find a time, please email individual staff members to book a meeting outside the 9am - 5pm (EST) due to time zone difference/conflicts.
- Follow us on Instagram @holycross_ome and Facebook @HolyCrossOME.
Office of Student Involvement
- OSI staff members will be working remotely & available Monday -Friday 9-5pm (EST).
- Questions? Email email@example.com, 508-793-3487 - phone will be forwarded, for now monitoring voicemail.
- Questions regarding Gateways Orientation email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact us individually to set up appointments to meet virtually
- Brenda Hounsell Sullivan, email@example.com
- Theresa Karns, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sandy Burke, email@example.com
- Patrick Rogers, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Holguin, email@example.com
- Cathleen Doane Cannon, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail Distribution: Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Package Distribution: Packages stored in lockers can be retrieved whenever Hogan is open. Window hours for overflow and oversized packages are Monday - Friday, 11:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- US Postal Service and UPS window services for outgoing mail and packages are available Monday - Friday, 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Operating on a normal 24/7 schedule. Fully staffed with officers and dispatchers.
- To request emergency police or medical response, call 508-793-2222
- Call DPS to report crimes
- Download the free RAVE Guardian App to communicate with DPS via text.
- The front office will be open, but we need to limit office visits to one student at a time. Most inquiries will need to be handled remotely or by phone.
- A professional staff member (PSM) will be on call per normal protocols. The PSM can be reached by contacting Public Safety (508-793-2224). RAs are placed in each residence hall and are on a duty rotation each night.
- The buildings that are currently in use include Carlin Hall, Alumni Hall, Figge and Williams.
- First year students are housed in Carlin and Alumni Halls
- Staff will be fully remote, responding to inquiries via phone and email.
- 508-793-2511 or email email@example.com.
- During enrollment periods, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Staff will be handling all inquiries remotely by phone or email.
- A Student Affairs Dean will be on call per normal protocols. Deans on call can be reached through Public Safety (508-793-2224).
Student Integrity and Community Standards
- Community members may contact the Director, Kevin O’Connell, with any questions or concerns regarding student behavioral expectations. Any individual may submit an online incident report and can learn more about the role of this office by reviewing our website.
- 508-793-3475, email@example.com
Student Wellness Education
- Staff will be handling all inquiries by phone or email for the Fall 2020 semester 508-793-2302 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Substance use appointments either by sanction or self-referral (BASICS/ CASICS/ CHOICES) can be made online with Liz Drexler-Hines
The College will make every effort to assist students with the technology required for remote learning and engagement. Students who need help with technology should contact the ITS Help Desk.
Writing consultations will be available remotely with professional and peer consultants through https://holycross.mywconline.com/ Appointments will take place online using video, chat, and a collaborative editing board. We recommend students use a laptop or tablet with audio and video capabilities, but a chat-only option is available. Instructions on how sessions work can be found here. Associate Director Kristina Reardon can be reached at email@example.com.