This page was updated August 3, 2021
Holy Cross requires all faculty, staff and volunteers to be vaccinated, even those who have previously had COVID-19. Find answers to frequently asked questions here.
Mandatory ID Policy
For the security and safety of our community, the College requires all faculty, staff and students to wear a visible Holy Cross-issued identification card (“ID”). All faculty, staff, and students are required to wear their ID so that it is easily visible at all times when on campus, unless doing so presents a safety or operational risk.
The policy for summer COVID-19 surveillance testing for employees approved to be on campus (effective June 1 - August 13):
- Fully vaccinated employees who have uploaded their status may reduce their testing frequency to once every other week. If a fully vaccinated employee is here 10 or fewer hours per week, they may test on campus every other week, but are not required to get tested.
- Those who are not fully vaccinated, regardless of how many hours they work on campus, must test weekly.
- As of August 16, everyone, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask indoors.
- Those who are not fully vaccinated must continue to wear masks at all times.
- Fully vaccinated employees:
- Do NOT have to quarantine if exposed to COVID-19
- Must monitor for COVID symptoms for 14 days after exposure
- May test twice weekly after high-risk exposure for 14 days (as determined by a contact tracer) (recommend day 1, 5, 8, 12)
- Non-fully vaccinated employees:
- Must quarantine for at least 10 days if exposed to COVID-19
- Must be asymptomatic with a negative test on or after day 8 to be released after 10 full days
Positive COVID Test
Any individual (employee or student) who has a positive COVID test must isolate for 10 days, with a return to campus on day 11, regardless of vaccination status.
- Employee Information (HR) - This link contains information for employees during our modified operations and includes: temporary policies governing pay and use of accruable paid leave, Kronos timekeeping, leave balances, benefits information, the working from home protocol, student employment, and other resources
- Information regarding Employee Testing is also available on the Human Resource page.
- For information on workshops for teaching and learning online, see the Faculty Development page.
- Modifications to Faculty Conference Travel Spring 2021 (PDF)
- Update on College-Sponsored Faculty Travel Funding - April 26, 2021 (PDF)