This page was updated Sept. 21, 2021
Fall 2021 FAQ
In addition to the information below, we have answered some frequently asked questions about COVID guidelines during the Fall 2021 semester here.
Holy Cross requires all faculty, staff and volunteers to be vaccinated, even those who have previously had COVID-19. Find answers to frequently asked questions here.
Mandatory ID Policy
For the security and safety of our community, the College requires all faculty, staff and students to wear a visible Holy Cross-issued identification card (“ID”). All faculty, staff, and students are required to wear their ID so that it is easily visible at all times when on campus, unless doing so presents a safety or operational risk.
- Fully vaccinated employees who have uploaded their status must test weekly
- Those who are not fully vaccinated, regardless of how many hours they work on campus, must test twice per week.
- As of August 16, everyone, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask indoors.
- Fully vaccinated employees:
- Do NOT have to quarantine if exposed to COVID-19 unless they are exposed through a household contact. Contact tracers will assist in making a determination in these cases.
- Must monitor for COVID symptoms for 14 days after exposure
- May test twice weekly after high-risk exposure for 14 days (as determined by a contact tracer) (recommend day 1, 5, 8, 12)
- Non-fully vaccinated employees:
- Must quarantine for at least 10 days if exposed to COVID-19
- Must be asymptomatic with a negative test on or after day 8 to be released after 10 full days
Positive COVID Test
Any individual (employee or student) who has a positive COVID test must isolate for 10 days, with a return to campus on day 11, regardless of vaccination status.
- Employee Information (HR) - This link contains information for employees during our modified operations and includes: temporary policies governing pay and use of accruable paid leave, Kronos timekeeping, leave balances, benefits information, the working from home protocol, student employment, and other resources
- Information regarding Employee Testing is also available on the Human Resource page.
- For information on workshops for teaching and learning online, see the Faculty Development page.
- Faculty Guidelines to Faculty Conference Travel Policy for 2021-2022 (PDF)