Dear Holy Cross Community,
Yesterday we confirmed four new positive cases, (two external cases, and two from our on-campus testing). Of the four new cases, only one of them was not already in quarantine.
Given the steep decline in cases and continuous improvements in capacity at the hotel, and in no small part thanks to the efforts of our campus community to stop and control the spread, we feel confident that we can safely resume Yellow alert level operations effective immediately.
Most operations will shift to Yellow as of this email, though some may need a little extra time to ramp up:
- The Jo will reopen tomorrow, Thursday April 15. Schedule your time slots now on myHC.
- Sit down dining will resume today at noon at all facilities normally open during Yellow.
- In person classes can resume as soon as faculty are able to do so. Faculty members will be in touch with students to let them know when their in-person classes will resume. Please note that this only applies to cases that were already in person.
- Athletics teams can resume practices and competitions as soon as they are able.
- It may take a few hours for staff members to unlock every study space.
We can’t understate the role students had in reducing this alert status. Thank you for doing your part. Don’t let up. We have a month to go, and it will take all of us being diligent about physical distancing and mask wearing to get through this #HCTogether.
COVID Core Team