Top 15 Things You Need to Know About the New Web Site
- The Web Services link has been replaced by the Login button in the top
right hand corner of the site. Use this to access
must sign in to use, such as: Blackboard, Eres, Groupwise, HCNet, Student & Faculty
Services, Kronos, Peoplesoft, etc.
- The ‘Quick Links’ drop down menu has been eliminated from
the homepage. Use the Login button or the A-Z Index link to locate
the items formerly located there.
- Pop-ups are used in several places on the site. Things like ‘The Spirit
of Holy Cross’ profiles, dining menus, Daily E-vents, Meet Some
Students, etc. will all pop-up in small browser windows. Please make
sure to adjust your browser settings accordingly.
- To access Library catalog & databases from the home page, you have two
options. Go to the dark blue Explore box (located under the student profile)
and click Libraries; or go to 'Resources For' (on the left) and click the
Faculty and Staff link where you’ll see a link to the Libraries
- To access Dining Menus from the home page, click Student
Life and the
link to the Dining menus is on the right side under Student Services.
- The Arts at Holy Cross is now Explore the
Arts @ Holy Cross. Use the
dark blue Explore box and click Arts when it appears in the white outline.
- Daily E-vents is now available by clicking 'What's Happening on Campus
Today' in the center portion of the homepage. It will continue to be
emailed to the community each morning.
- The Site Index has been replaced by the A-Z Index in the upper right
corner of the home page.
- The Phone and Email Lookup is now called Campus
Directory. Click the
link in the upper right area of the home page.
- The R25 calendar for external viewers has been rebuilt and redesigned.
To see just how much faster the new calendar is, click the Calendars
link in the upper right corner of the home
page and then select, 'Master
Calendar (for off-campus visitors)'—the second link on the left.
- The Residence Life site has been moved to Student Life. From the Home
Page, click 'Student Life' and then 'Housing' — Residence Life will
be on your left.
- Alumni & Friends is available from the home page, either under
'Resources For' or by clicking the green 'Alumni and Friends' link
on the right side of the home page below the dark blue Explore box.
- The Word on Worcester site has been moved from Admissions to Student
Life. From the home page click 'Student Life' and Word on Worcester
will be the fourth link on the left side of that page.
- The new Web site is optimally viewed at a screen resolution of 1024x768,
but will display accurately with any screen resolution.
- This summer and fall Public Affairs will begin contacting those departments
whose Web sites were not affected during this first phase of the project
to develop a roll out plan for the new design.