Opportunities for Alumni
The willingness of Holy Cross alumni to assist current students and fellow alumni throughout the career development process is one of Holy Cross’ greatest strengths. Ways in which alumni may participate in career planning and recruiting activities include:
• Career Advisor Network (CAN): A database of Holy Cross graduates throughout the country who have volunteered to discuss their career, industry and/or employer with students and offer advice regarding the internship or job search process.
• Alumni Shadowing Program: Shadowing is a short term observational experience that teams an alumnus/a with an undergraduate to assist the student with his/her career planning process. This program engages students to observe Holy Cross graduates in their organizations for 1 or 2 days during one of the four major academic breaks.
• Career Panels: Many workshops and special events are scheduled throughout each semester for students of all class years.
• Internships: Many alumni offer paid summer internship opportunities for outstanding second and third year students in a variety of career fields.
Networking Receptions: Several networking events are held throughout the academic year both on and off campus including the NYC Finance Networking Reception in December.
• Recruiting Programs: The Center for Career Development offers On-Campus Recruiting and Resume Referral programs for employers seeking candidates for full-time positions and internships.
Services for Recent Alumni (0-5 years from graduation year)
Career Development resources for Alumni are provided by both the Center for Career Development and the Alumni Office. Although the Center for Career Development at Holy Cross focuses primarily on working with current students, staff also provide career counseling to recent graduates at the beginning of their careers, as schedules permit. Services to alumni include individual career counseling (in person, by Skype or by phone), self-assessment, resume review and assistance in developing job search strategies.
If you would like to arrange a consultation with a member of the Career Development staff please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Services for Alumni (5+ years past graduation year)
Alumni who are more than five years out may find information on career development professionals in their geographic area through the National Board of Certified Counselors.
The Holy Cross Alumni Office also provides resources for alumni seeking career related assistance including career consultation, identification of career advisors and ongoing follow-up.