Did You Know?
You'll sleep soundly knowing the first spring bed was invented just minutes from Worcester in Spencer, Mass.
By The Numbers
Worcester is one of only six cities nationwide to have been recognized as an All-America City a record five times.
45 Things to Do in the Worcester Area Before You Graduate
Share your Worcester adventures on Twitter with #hcOUTnABOUT
OUT on the town
- Blackstone Canalfest FREE block party! Sept. 8, 11 a.m.- 5 p.m. Harding St., exit 13 or 14 off Route 290, Worcester, Mass.
- Shrewsbury Street Shuffle Sept. 15, 12-3 p.m. ($10 in advance, purchase at the Office of Student Involvement)
- stART on the Street FREE! Sept. 16, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Park Ave., between Highland and Pleasant Streets
- See students from across the consortium compete for prizes in the 3rd Annual Consortium’s Got Talent competition Nov. 1, 7 p.m. Hanover Theatre 2 Southbridge St., Worcester, Mass.
- Enjoy a variety of shows and live entertainment at the Hanover Theatre 2 Southbridge St., Worcester, Mass.
- Catch dinner and a movie at the Elm Street Draught House Cinema ($5 for the movie) 35 Elm Court Millbury, Mass.
- Catch a concert at the DCU Center 50 Foster St. Worcester, Mass.
- On Tuesdays enjoy $6 movie night in Millbury at Blackstone Valley Cinema Blackstone Valley Mall.
- Catch a concert at Mechanics Hall 321 Main Street, Worcester, MA
OUT for a day
- Paint pottery at Claytime 124 Boston Turnpike/Route 9 Shrewsbury, Mass.
- Worcester Art Museum “where art celebrates life” (free the first Saturday of each month 10 a.m.-noon; otherwise $12 with college I.D.) 55 Salisbury St. Worcester, Mass.
- Hang on, hang out at the Central Rock Gym 299 Barber Ave. Worcester, Mass.
- Bowl a round with friends at AMF Auburn Lanes 101 Southbridge St. Worcester, Mass.
- Find arms and armor from ancient Greece to the Renaissance at Higgins Armory Museum ($10) 100 Barber Ave. Worcester, Mass.
- Explore the city's history at the Worcester Historical Museum ($4 with college ID) 30 Elm St. Worcester, Mass.
- Work up a sweat at Bikram Yoga Auburn 567 Southbridge St. Auburn, Mass.
- Hike at Purgatory Chasm 198 Purgatory Rd. Sutton, Mass.
- Check out the crew team at Lake Quinsigamond 10 Lake Ave. North Worcester, Mass.
- Practice your golf skills at Auburn Driving Range ($9 for a large bucket) 541 Southbridge St. Auburn, Mass.
- Spend some time at the Mass. Audubon Broad Meadow Brook Conservation Center and Wildlife Sanctuary 414 Massssasoit Ave. Worcester, Mass.
- Blackstone River Bikeway runs from the Blackstone Valley Shoppes to Blackstone River Road near Rte 146
- Pick some apples this fall at Tougas Family Farm234 Ball St. Northboro, Mass.
- Enjoy a round of mini-golf at Crystal Caves 790 Southbridge St. Auburn, Mass.
- Walk, picnic, or play Frisbee at Elm Park 284 Highland St. Worcester, Mass.
- Take a leisurely stroll or play some tennis at Green Hill Park Belmont St. to Skyline Dr. Worcester, Mass.
- Science and nature connect at the EcoTarium ($8 with college ID) 222 Harrington Way Worcester, Mass.
OUT to Eat
- Grab a breakfast sandwich at Culpepper’s in the plaza at the bottom of the hill
- Enjoy delicious thin crust pizza at Corner Grille 806 Pleasant Street Worcester, Mass. 01602
- Enjoy "healthy Asian cuisine" at Nancy Chang 372 Chandler Street Worcester, Mass.
- Grab a smoothie or a pastry at In-House Coffee 225 Shrewsbury St. Worcester, Mass.
- Grab a late night snack from Wings Over Worcester 1 Kelley Sq. Worcester, Mass.
- Celebrate Ireland at O’Connor's Restaurant1160 West Boylston St. Worcester, Mass.
- Grab an M&M donut or Oreo iced coffee at Boston Donuts 338 Park Ave. Worcester, Mass.
- Indulge in a delicious dessert at Sweet — cheesecake, fondue, crème brulee, cupcakes and more! 305 Shrewsbury St. Worcester, Mass.
- Mix up your dinner plans and enjoy Surya Indian Cuisine 299 Shrewsbury St. Worcester, Mass.
- Order the buffalo chicken calzone from Blue Jeans Pizza ($6.69) 270 Park Ave. Worcester, Mass.
- Choose from 65 ice cream flavors at West End Creamery 481 Purgatory Road Whitinsville, Mass. 01588
- Get the best hot dogs in Worcester at Coney Island Hot Dogs 158 Southbridge St. Worcester, Mass.
- Grab dinner with visiting family or friends at The Boynton Restaurant 117 Highland St. Worcester, Mass.
- What's all-natural, kosher and gluten-free, not to mention delicious? Frozen yogurt at WooBerry 141 Highland Street Worcester, Mass. 01609
- Queso and chips at Moe’s Southwest Grill (Monday nights college night $5.99 with college ID) 3 Stafford St. Worcester, Mass.
- Enjoy an eclectic mix of food and casual dining atmosphere at the Flying Rhino 278 Shrewsbury St. Worcester, Mass.
- Grab a variety of grinders or sandwiches with fries at New England Roast Beef (NERB) 33 Park Ave. Worcester, Mass.
- Enjoy organic, fish, & vegetarian homemade cuisine atOne Love Café 800 Mass.in St. Worcester, Mass.
- Miss Worcester Diner was rated No. 1 diner in America by TLC's "Best Food Ever" series 300 Southbridge Street Worcester, Mass. 01608