Welcome Class of 2018!
Gateways Summer Orientation is a one and a half day program designed to provide new students and their parents with the opportunity to become better acquainted with the many aspects of Holy Cross. The goal of the program is to help students make a successful transition into the College. Through information sessions, discussions with current students, faculty and administrators, and a wide array of social activities, students gain valuable knowledge about the College and are able to learn first hand about academic, spiritual, and social life while getting to know other members of their class.
There are three Gateways Summer Orientation sessions offered in June. The Gateways Orientation Office will mail all enrolled students information and registration for Gateways in mid-May.
Summer 2014 Orientation Dates
Session 1: Thursday, June 12 & Friday, June 13
Session 2: Monday, June 16 & Tuesday, June 17
Session 3: Thursday, June 19 & Friday June 20
*You and your parent(s) will choose one of the above two-day sessions.
Why attend Gateways?
- Meet your classmates!
- Begin the process of developing your academic plan which includes meeting with faculty to discuss course selection.
- Learn about a variety of academic, co-curricular and spiritual opportunities.
- Talk with current Holy Cross students.
- Take care of business: open a bank account, have your I.D. picture taken and more!
- Meet Holy Cross faculty, administrators, and current students.
- Learn about a variety of academic, co-curricular and spiritual opportunities for your student.
- Attend sessions addressing:
- transitional and developmental issues facing students;
- helping your son or daughter
- making your own transition.