What to Bring
Here are a few tips which should help you make packing decisions.
For your room:
- The beds in the Residence Halls are single beds which are slightly longer than twin size. You should either bring "college size" (36" x 80") fitted sheets or flat twin sheets.
- A mattress pad, egg crate pad or feather bed, pillow cases, throw pillows, husband or back pillow, comforter, and a blanket.
- The following electrical appliances are approved (see student handbook for a complete list): radios, stereos, computers, lamps, electric typewriters, television sets, VCRs, irons, razors, portable fans, hair dryers, alarm clocks and electric blankets. Coffee pots, and popcorn poppers are allowed provided they have no exposed heating coils and are U.L. (Underwriters Laboratories) approved. Extension cords with circuit breakers and power strips are recommended.
- A refrigerator (one per room) is allowed as long as it is smaller than 4.0 cubic feet.
- Your room is furnished with the basics. However, you may decide on having an extra futon, couch, chair, or coffee table.
- Each room has a telephone jack and long distance service provided through the College. You may like to have a cordless telephone and either a long phone cable or double phone jack.
- Milk crates or yaffa blocks, television stand, and a clothes drying rack.
- Plates, bowls, utensils, mugs, glasses, can opener, and snack food.
- Tools, sewing kit, duct tape.
- Laundry detergent, fabric softener, bleach, and stain stick.
- Paper--ink, computer paper, lined filler paper
- Notebooks or binders
- Pens, pencils, erasers, highlighters
- Stapler, scissors, 3 hole punch
- Paper clips, push pins, fun tack, tape
- Calculator, ruler
- Desk organizer
- Computer, computer cables, printer, printer cable, cd's, flash drive
- Dictionary, thesaurus
- Dry erase board, dry erase markers
- Address book
- Pants, jeans, sweatpants, shorts, athletic shorts
- T-shirts, shirts, sweaters, sweatshirts
- Semi-formal attire (shirt, tie, sports jacket for men and a skirt, blouse, dress for women)
- Sock: casual, sport, and dress
- Snow gear: scarf, gloves, hat, winter coat
- Rain gear: rain coat, umbrella
- Boots (waterproof hiking work well), sneakers, shoes (casual and dress)
- Personal Items
- Shower caddy
- Shampoo, conditioner
- Towels, washcloths
- Razors, shaving cream
- Brush, comb, gel/hairspray
- Hair dryer, curling iron
In case you get sick:
- Advil, Tylenol, Aspirin
- Nyquil and Dayquil
- Immodium AD or Pepto-Bismol
- Cough suppressant
- Cough drops
What NOT to bring:
- Tapestries, candles, and incense are not permitted because of fire safety.
- You may NOT bring the following electrical appliances: halogen lamps, microwaves, toaster/broiler ovens, toasters, hot plates, sun lamps, air conditionerS, or any items that have an exposed heating coil.
- Pets (only fish are allowed)
- Live Christmas trees or wreaths
- Water beds
- Lofted beds