Lehy Hall

Lehy  Hall

Lehy Hall, which is located on Easy Street between Healy and Hanselman, is home to approximately 183 sophomore students. Lehy was built in 1954 and is named after Fr. John F. Lehy, S.J., the 16th President of the College, who served from 1895 to 1901. The Residence Life staff in Lehy consists of one fulltime Community Development Coordinator (CDC), one Head Resident Assistant (HRA), and six Resident Assistants (RAs). The Lehy RAs and House Council host a variety of social and educational programs for residents throughout the year.

Lehy houses a variety of common areas for students’ academic and social use. The building’s basement includes a study room, social room with TV, and community kitchen equipped with a microwave, kitchenette, and eating area. The hall also has its own coin and card-operated laundry facilities located on the first floor.

Rooms are 12' x 18' and have tiled floor. In each room, you will find one desk, desk chair, desk hutch, bookcase, built-in dresser, built-in closet and bed per occupant. Each bed is a twin and uses extra long sheets (“college size” sheets are recommended). Every room has a window and fire-retardant drapes. As there is no overhead lighting, students are encouraged to bring an extra lamp. Here is a floor plan for a typical room in Lehy Hall. Click on floor plan for a large view.

Lehy floor plan