Healy Hall

Healy Hall

Healy Hall, built in 1962, is named after Bishop James A. Healy, a member of the Class of 1849, and the first African-American graduate of Holy Cross. Approximately 198 upper-class students reside in Healy, located on Easy Street between the Hogan Campus Center and Lehy. Six Resident Assistants (RAs), one Head Resident Assistant (HRA), and a Community Development Coordinator (CDC), a professional staff member, reside and work in Healy. The RAs and House Council host events throughout the year to build community in the hall.

Like all of the Hill Residence Halls, Healy has a study room, used for individual and group study sessions. The basement of Healy also has a social room with a TV, an activity room with a billiards table, and a community kitchen equipped with a stove, oven, and microwave. Coin and card-operated laundry facilities are also available.

You will find one desk, desk chair, desk lamp, dresser, bookcase, and bed per occupant. Rooms are 12’ x 18’ with tiled floors. Every room has a window and blinds. Each bed is a twin and uses extra long sheets. “College size” sheets are recommended. As overhead lighting is not provided, students are encouraged to bring an extra, non-halogen, lamp.

Here is a floor plan for a typical room in Healy Hall. Click on floor plan for a large view.

Healy floor plan