- Who may choose a meal plan?
- What happens when I run out of meals or Dining Dollars?
- Do any unused meals roll over from semester to semester?
- Does any unused Dining Dollars balance roll over from semester to semester?
- Are there any refunds if meals aren't used?
- May I use meals for family or guests?
- May I use my meals to eat more than once during a meal period?
- Why am I only allowed one piece of fruit or one ice cream treat as a take-out from Kimball Dining Room?
- Where can I use my meal plan and how do I gain access?
- I have questions- Who do I contact?
- Can I change my meal plan?
- What's the difference between Kimball Main Dining Room, Kimball Food Court and Crossroads?
- How can I pick up a meal for an ill friend?
Anybody. However, resident First-Year Students may select from among the Traditional Plan (19 Kimball Meals per week), or the 225, 180 and 170 options only. Apartment Hall residents may choose any of the listed meal plans, including the 1,130 Dining Dollar plan.
Once you have used all your meals for the semester, the meal plan will not be available. If you have chosen a plan with fewer than 180 meals, you may still have the opportunity to change to that plan, provided you have not used more than the maximum Dining Dollars for that plan. (Seniors with meal plans: Your plan needs to only last through finals. During the spring semester, you will be given a meal plan for Senior Week).
No. Any unused meals will be forfeited.
No. Any unused Dining Dollars will be forfeited.
No. There are no refunds for unused meals or Dining Dollars.
Yes, during regular meals, as long as you accompany your guests to the dining area. Each meal counts against the total of your block plan. The Traditional Plan has only one meal per meal period, therefore multiple swipes are not possible on this plan.
Yes. Each time you use your card in Kimball, one meal is subtracted from the semester total.
8. Why am I only allowed one piece of fruit or one ice cream treat as a take-out from Kimball Dining Room?
The Dining Room is an All-You-Care-To-Eat facility. Allowing one piece of fruit or one ice cream treat as a take-out item is a way to meet your needs for an easy carry snack and still control costs. Uncontrolled take-out would lead to a much more expensive meal plan, as well as some food safety issues.
First-Year Students can use their Meals in the Kimball Main Dining Room:
Monday - Friday 7:00am - 8:00pm
Weekends 8:00am - 8:00pm
First-Year Students can use their Dining Dollars in the following locations:
Kimball Food Court
Monday - Thursday 11:00am - 6:30pm
Friday 11:00am - 3:00pm
Monday - Friday 4:00pm - Midnight
Saturday 12:00pm - Midnight
Sunday 4:00pm - Midnight
Monday - Friday 7:30am - 1am
Saturday 10:00am - 1:00am
Sunday Noon - 1am
Monday - Friday 7:30am - 3:00pm
Monday - Friday 7:30am - 2:00pm
Monday - Friday 8:00am - Midnight
Saturday & Sunday 4:00pm - Midnight
Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors may use their Dining Dollars at the above locations during the same hours plus in Crossroads between 11am and 4:00pm on weekdays.
To gain access, you must present your Crusader OneCard to the cashier.
The Meal Plan Office. Our Location is Kimball Hall, 1st Floor, Room 129. Our phone number is 508.793.3301.
Yes. This may be done through the end of week 12 of the semester, provided you have not already used more than the maximum meals and / or Dining Dollars for the new plan.
The Main Dining Room is an all-you-care-to-eat while in the dining room option. Kimball Food Court and Crossroads offer a la carte menus with the option of dine-in or take-out. Your meals are accepted in the Main Dining Room. Your Dining Dollars are accepted there and in HC Dining's a la carte locations.
With Health Services approval, a friend may use a sick student's ID card to pick up a meal at Kimball Dining Hall. Students picking up such a meal should state their intention to the Cashier and ask the Dining Room Manager on duty for assistance.