The vast majority of the Fieldhouse (outside of the office spaces) is now designated for campus recreational needs for the entire day. The hours of operation schedule is as follows:
▪ Monday – Thursday 6:30 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
▪ Friday 6:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
▪ Saturday –Sunday 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
● All of the cardio and weight equipment from the Smith Wellness Center is set up in Court #1 of the Fieldhouse. The Court #1 area is partitioned off and separated from the other courts in the Fieldhouse.
● The former Erg Room in the Fieldhouse has been renovated to become an expanded aerobics/dance studio that will accommodate all classes as well as a space for our spin bikes and classes.
● The remaining two basketball courts (Courts #2 and #3) in the Fieldhouse are dedicated to campus recreational use, including intramural and club practices and games.
● The track lanes in the Fieldhouse will be available for recreation throughout the day, with the exception of weekdays during the fall when the varsity Track and Cross Country teams will be practicing on them from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
● All of the existing men’s and women’s bathrooms, locker areas and shower facilities in the Fieldhouse are available for campus recreational use.
In addition to the Fieldhouse, two new spaces within the Luth Athletic Complex will become available for the campus community to use for either scheduled intramural/club practices & games or open gym times. These include the Auxiliary Gym (starting in September when the construction work there is completed) - a gym with hardwood floor for basketball or volleyball (no black soled shoes will be allowed on Aux. Gym surface) and the Indoor Practice Facility (starting in October when the construction work there is completed) - a 64,000 foot indoor space with 100 yards of turf for field sports. These spaces will both be available for non-varsity access as follows:
▪ Monday – Friday noon – 1:30 p.m.
▪ Monday – Friday 10:00 p.m. – midnight
▪ Saturday – Sunday 8:00 p.m. – midnight
The Luth Athletic Complex will also continue to have open campus recreation hours in the swimming pool and the ice rink as well. These spaces will both be available as follows:
Pool: Monday – Friday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Ice Rink: Monday – Friday 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Moreover, the Loyola Fitness Center will continue to operate daily from 6 a.m. to midnight (this space is available via card access).