Holy Cross Women in Business
The goals of the Holy Cross Women in Business are:
- To promote business literacy for women in a liberal arts school.
- To heighten awareness and knowledge for Holy Cross women interested in business about summer and career opportunities.
- To establish a mentoring network by creating an environment for students to interact with alumni; and for alumni to interact with other alumni.
- To understand the additional complexities involved with being a woman in today’s business world.
A tentative schedule of events is as follows:
Introduction to “85 Broads,” a national network of women in business.
Possible speaker: Melissa Hayes, Harvard MBA student.
Holy Cross Women in Business Conference
• One-day conference.
• Alumni speakers, panels, presentations, resume reviews, networking.
• What should college women do now to prepare for the business/professional world?
• Work/life balance.
• What is business school?
• Match women alumni to Holy Cross women students with similar career interests and objectives.
• Day visits and "shadowing" over break.
"Business Buddies" with girls from local high schools
• Promote business literacy.
• Provide basic financial advice.
Participate in events sponsored by the Holy Cross Club of New York and Boston.
Dress for Success
• What is appropriate business attire: business formal vs. business casual?
• Brooks Brothers, Ann Taylor.
Elyse Boyle, ’07, email@example.com
Jennifer Harty, ’07, firstname.lastname@example.org
David Chu, Prebusiness Advisor, email@example.com
Stay Tuned For More Details!