Our newly renovated athletics and recreational facilities will serve both the championship dreams and wellness goals of the entire Holy Cross student body. These plans are buoyed by a $32.5 million commitment from John Luth ’74 and Joanne Chouinard-Luth, D.M.D.
Location: Current facility locations
Design firm: Sasaki Associates, Inc.
Ceremonial Beam Signing & Groundbreaking: April 30, 2016 (see photos »)
Anticipated opening: Summer 2018
Total cost: $95 million
The newly renovated, expanded Hart Center will provide our student-athletes with facilities consistent with those offered by other Division I athletic programs.
- 64,000 square foot indoor practice facility (with 100 yards of turf for use by all field sports)
- Auxiliary gymnasium for basketball team practice and volleyball practice/competition
- 3,000 square feet of new space for sports medicine
- 9,500 square feet of new space for strength and conditioning training and equipment
- Locker rooms for all varsity teams
- Offices for all programs
- New meeting rooms/recruiting space
- Offices for all athletic administrators and athletic support services
- Exterior plaza for events
Anticipated opening: TBD
Total cost: TBD
A renovated Field House will become a top-flight recreation and wellness complex for the entire campus community, featuring:
- Basketball courts
- Multiple exercise studios
- Weight training rooms
- New shower and locker space
- Centers for a wide assortment of health, wellness and fitness programming
For more information on how to support the project, contact:
Email Phil Gibson '95, director, Office of Leadership Giving, or call (508) 793-2667.
Big Dreams: A historic beam signing at the Luth Athletic Complex
May 2, 2016
Campaign has surpassed the midway goal with $240 million raised for initiatives in the arts, athletics, faith development, and financial aid.
Jun 9, 2015
Record gift to expand and enhance College’s indoor athletics and recreational facilities brings total funds raised to $59.5 million.
Oct 13, 2015
A record-breaking commitment from alumnus John E. Luth ’74 and his wife, Joanne Chouinard-Luth, D.M.D., will dramatically expand and enhance the College’s indoor athletics and recreational facilities.