Our newly renovated athletics and recreational facilities will serve both the championship dreams and wellness goals of the entire Holy Cross student body. These plans are buoyed by a $32.5 million commitment from John Luth ’74 and Joanne Chouinard-Luth, D.M.D.
Location: Current facility locations
Design firm: Sasaki Associates, Inc.
Ceremonial Beam Signing & Groundbreaking: April 30, 2016 (see photos »)
Anticipated opening: Summer 2018
Total cost: $95 million
The newly renovated, expanded Hart Center will provide our student-athletes with facilities consistent with those offered by other Division I athletic programs.
- 64,000 square foot indoor practice facility (with 100 yards of turf for use by all field sports)
- Auxiliary gymnasium for basketball team practice and volleyball practice/competition
- 3,000 square feet of new space for sports medicine
- 9,500 square feet of new space for strength and conditioning training and equipment
- Locker rooms for all varsity teams
- Offices for all programs
- New meeting rooms/recruiting space
- Offices for all athletic administrators and athletic support services
- Exterior plaza for events
Anticipated opening: TBD
Total cost: TBD
A renovated Field House will become a top-flight recreation and wellness complex for the entire campus community, featuring:
- Basketball courts
- Multiple exercise studios
- Weight training rooms
- New shower and locker space
- Centers for a wide assortment of health, wellness and fitness programming
For more information on how to support the project, contact:
Email Phil Gibson '95, director, Office of Leadership Giving, or call (508) 793-2667.
Building the Game-Changer
Jan 23, 2017
Once upon a time, a creaky barn sat atop Mount St. James. Today, in the barn’s place, looms a $95 million athletic complex in progress.
Jun 9, 2015
Record gift to expand and enhance College’s indoor athletics and recreational facilities brings total funds raised to $59.5 million.
Oct 13, 2015
A record-breaking commitment from alumnus John E. Luth ’74 and his wife, Joanne Chouinard-Luth, D.M.D., will dramatically expand and enhance the College’s indoor athletics and recreational facilities.