Share this Update
Hart Center Architectural Concepts
Our newly renovated athletics and recreational facilities will serve both the championship dreams and wellness goals of the entire Holy Cross student body. These plans are buoyed by a $32.5 million commitment from John Luth ’74 and Joanne Chouinard-Luth, D.M.D.
Design firm: Sasaki Associates, Inc.
Ceremonial Groundbreaking: April 2016
Anticipated opening: Summer 2018
Total cost: $95 million
The newly renovated, expanded Hart Center will provide our student-athletes with facilities consistent with those offered by other Division I athletic programs.
- 64,000 square foot indoor practice facility (with 100 yards of turf for use by all field sports)
- Auxiliary gymnasium for basketball team practice and volleyball practice/competition
- 3,000 square feet of new space for sports medicine
- 9,500 square feet of new space for strength and conditioning training and equipment
- Locker rooms for all varsity teams
- Offices for all programs
- New meeting rooms/recruiting space
- Offices for all athletic administrators and athletic support services
- Exterior plaza for events
For more information on how to support the project,
Email Phil Gibson '95, director, Office of Leadership Giving, or call (508) 793-2667.