How to Nominate Yourself or a Classmate
Nominations are due by November 1, 2017. Each nomination form should include the following information:
- A statement of interest - required
- Offices held as an alumnus/a in his or her class, regional club or HCAA and accomplishments
- Listing of relevant activities and involvement in the community, church, civic organizations, etc.
- Any relevant professional or personal experience
Do you have questions or need more information?
Email Kristyn M. Dyer '94, HCAA Executive Secretary,
or call (508) 793-2418.
Two representatives will be chosen from each of the following class year groupings:
- 1977 and earlier
In addition, two representatives are chosen from current or past regional club presidents and one at large position representing the affinity groups of the HCAA. These affinity groups could include Athletics, ALANA, Women, ROTC, etc.
At its December 2016 meeting, the HCAA’s Nominations and Elections Committee will review each of the applications and develop a slate of candidates to be presented for review at the February 2017 HCAA Winter Homecoming Board meeting. The final slate of nominees will be ratified at the June 2017 HCAA Board meeting.
Roles and Responsibilities
Once selected for a three-year term on the Board of Directors, alumni/ae are expected to attend, either in person or via the telephone:
- Fall Board meeting (September/October 2017)
- Winter Homecoming Board meeting (February 2018)
- Reunion Weekend Board meeting (June 2, 2018)
Board members are required to participate on an HCAA committee (see a complete list of HCAA committees). In addition, board members are expected to attend – if at all possible – the annual HCAA dinner, held the Friday evening of Fall Homecoming Weekend.